Lead RF/Antenna Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Lead RF/Antenna Engineer
Job Code: SAS20200903-42768
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL
This Senior Antenna Engineer position will be responsible leading the design, analysis, and verification testing of complex antennas and systems including reflector antennas, corrugated feedhorns and phased array systems. Additionally, responsible for reflector surface shaping, phased array performance analysis, design/analysis of spot-beam antennas, spacecraft-level antenna performance analysis, thermal performance characterization, emissions and susceptibility analysis of a multi-antenna systems, PIM testing, G/T analysis and testing, management of top-level. This position is also responsible for antenna design performance budgets, specification/requirement assessments and sub-allocations, and may serve as a primary RF/Antenna technical interface with internal management and customers.
- Broad antenna design experience including early concept development, requirements analysis, antenna design, test and evaluation, and risk assessment
- Develop antenna system architectures and define key capabilities and performance requirements
- Perform various antenna architecture trades, design, and analysis for complex antenna systems to provide the best combination of size, performance, weight and cost
- Review antenna system design to ensure design details trace to system requirements
- Provide expertise for antenna system test, integration, verification, and validation planning
- Create and update internal and deliverable engineering documentation including technical specifications, reports, plans, technical memos, and presentations
- Coordinate across a multi-disciplinary (RF, Mechanical, I&T, Manufacturing, Thermal, Digital, etc.) engineering team to design, analyze, build and test antenna products, resolve compatibility and interface problems with other subsystems, and realize complex system architectures
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form to deliver complex technical information to non-technical professionals representing internal management and customers
- B.S. degree in engineering or physical science with at least 9 years of prior relevant experience OR a Graduate Degree with at least 7 years of prior relevant experience.
- 7 years of experience with antenna system analysis and design through every stage of the development process
- Experience with analysis and optimization tools such as GRASP (Ticra), HFSS (Ansys), and/or other antenna design/analysis tools.
- Experience with system development life-cycle (design, analysis, manufacturing, test, verification/validation, delivery, sustainment) for ground, airborne, and/or space-borne antenna systems
- Clearance – TOP SECRET/SCI
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working with cross-discipline teams (mechanical, structural, thermal, power, RF, Antenna, electrical, etc.) in the development and execution of detailed test plans and procedures for antenna systems.
- Experience executing antenna system hardware verification testing at acceptance, proto-flight and qualification levels
- Experience interfacing directly with customers (both prime contractors and end-user/customers) and providing technical expertise and guidance on resolving in-depth technical issues during the design, development and sell-off of complex antenna systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment
- Effective presentation skills to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.