Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Network Planning Engineer TS/SCI - Palm Bay, FL
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20232301-96025
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Network Planning Engineer
Job Code: SAS20232301-96025
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Responsible for assisting in planning and implementing the necessary hardware, software and telecommunications equipment to maintain and/or enhance the customer’s local and wide-area networks.
- Evaluate vendor products and recommend purchases consistent with the organization’s short and long-term objectives.
- Recommend and implement network policies and procedures and ensure adherence to security procedures and policies.
- Candidate will help troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain networks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve medium to complex network issues.
- Provide Tier II support for staff; may require after-hours, phone or on-site support.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in the areas of design, installation, maintenance, and support of network infrastructure following established methodologies and processes.
- Perform hardware scans, analysis, and documenting findings.
- Support/facilitate customer meetings and ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Perform extensive root cause analysis, problem determination and support of technical issues related to routing and switching technologies, e.g. VPN, basic router configurations, firewalls, etc.
- Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Juniper, Cisco, or equivalent network equipment.
- 5 years working knowledge of Layer-3, VPNs (TLS/IPSEC) design, OSPF, firewall policy, and VLAN management.
- Experience with virtual environment (e.g. VMware, KVM, Hyper-V) management and configuration.
- Provide training/guidance for junior engineers.
- Support Network Engineering activities pertaining to day-to-day operations and management, requirements analysis, management & compliance, design milestones and test/verification activities.
- Provide technology refresh, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for the network architecture.
- Work is 100% on site
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. Security + CE, SSCP).
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (e.g. CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH).
- Proficient in WAN optimization and QOS.
- Significant knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and Multicast).
- Significant knowledge of LAN Switching concepts (e.g. Spanning tree, 802.1q, VTP, bridging concepts, virtual switching).
- Significant knowledge configuring firewall configurations, rules, and policies.
- Experience with Network Management tools and protocols (Wireshark, SNMP Managers, SevOne, NetFlow)
- Experience designing IP schemes for logically segregated environments.
- Experience working with VRF/VRF-lite, MPLS.
- Vendor certifications (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, etc.) in routing and switching, firewall, IDS/IPS, and/or other network disciplines.
- Storage technologies (SAN, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, FCoE, etc).
- Experience with virtual routing platforms (e.g. Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco).
- Experience with NTP and TACACS design and implementation.
- Experience with SevOne - Orion - Netflow integration and monitoring.
- Experience with HSRP and VRRP, load-balancing topologies, spanning-tree, and PVST.
- Good fault isolation/identification skills; analytical skills and experience with forward/reverse chaining troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with IP Telephony, video teleconferencing technologies, and large data walls (e.g. Cisco Unified Call Manager or Call Manager Express).
- Knowledge of DISA STIG process/requirements and/or CIS Benchmarks.
- Previous experience supporting DoD/IC/Federal Government customers.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- TS/SCI with active Poly is highly desirable.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.