Lead, Network Plan Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Lead, Network Plan Engrg
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job ID: CS20201609-50693
L3Harris is seeking a Lead (Level 5) Enterprise Network Engineer (NPE). The NPE will support a large international program in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The position will be based in Palm Bay, FL to start, followed by a field assignment located either in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) or Bahrain supporting the program’s 12 month assignment.
- Expected to perform integration and configuration for the Enterprise Network team in support of program activities.
- Ability to set up, configure and manage hardware and software in diverse development lab, field, and production environments.
- Expected to contribute to all Enterprise Network engineering activities pertaining to CDRL's, setup and integration, and test/verification activities.
- Network engineering position requires a strong technical emphasis with responsibility for contributing to CONOPS, Use Cases, Enterprise Network Performance analysis, and Technical Memos
- Reports into program Network Engineering Lead and must have experience multi-tasking supporting multiple teams
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent of a 4-year accredited degree in a technical discipline. 9+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience working in network engineering or in the information technology field
Preferred Additional Skills:
Domain knowledge and hands on experience in one or more of the following technical areas is preferred:
- Enterprise networks to include Data Centers, and Management Systems
- Network Management Systems & NetOps (NetBoss, SolarWinds or equivalent)
- Bare metal and virtual environments (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Enterprise Applications (MS Server 2012R2/2016, Active Directory, SharePoint 2016, Exchange 2016, SCCM 2016, MS SQL 2012/2016, Skype for Business 2015, BizTalk 2016)
- VMware products 6.0 and 6.5 to include VSAN, ESXi, vCenter Server for Windows
- HP servers, Cisco Nexus switches, Juniper SRX firewalls, Microsemi Time Servers
- Network Security Technology to include encryption (Active Directory, ADCS, HAIPE, IPSec, Juniper SRX, 2 FA)
- IA and/or Networking Certifications (SEC+, CCNA, A+)
- Tactical communications & networking (technology and protocols)
- Battle Management Systems
- Industry Certification desired: CCNA, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP, Security+, CISSP
- Familiarization with domestic and foreign military naval vessels is a plus
- Hands on experience with Cisco and/or Juniper products
- Hands on experience with Microsoft enterprise applications
- Hands on experience with VMWare
- Experience working in lab and field environments
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.