Lead, Embedded Software Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Embedded Software Engineer, Lead
Job Code: SAS20210403-57604
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
L3Harris is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. We provide advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. We bring speed, innovation and flawless execution together with our commitment to make the world more secure.
In today's complex world, illegal and threatening activities around borders, high-profile events and critical infrastructure put lives, resources and regional stability at risk. The Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) segment focuses on delivering mission solutions for space and airborne domains with defense, intelligence, and commercial applications. Our Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation and dissemination.
This position is for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to develop software solutions for current and upcoming cutting-edge classified Space Payload efforts.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, development, and integration of embedded applications for the space domain
- Participate in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure
- Develop new software, adapt old software, and extend existing software baselines to implement new capabilities and to mature existing capabilities using key enabling technologies and frameworks
- Integration of open source off-the-shelf software components
- Perform unit, integration, and system -level test activities
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field,) or equivalent and 9 of experience or Master's degree and 7 years of experience
- Experience developing software architecture
- Experience developing C/C++ software solutions for embedded systems
- Experience with VxWorks, Linux, or related embedded operating systems
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DoD TS clearance
- Experience with space payload systems
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite as well as experience with iterative development methodologies like Agile
- Knowledge of software development processes throughout the entire lifecycle, which includes use case development, requirements analysis, object-oriented analysis & design, implementation and software verification
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to work with a large development team preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.