Lead, Embedded Software Engineer
Palm Bay, Florida, Melbourne, Florida
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Embedded Software Engineer, Lead
Job Code: SAS20201611-53186
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Experienced Embedded Software Engineer responsible for planning and execution of complex designs in large teams to ensure proper system functionality. Senior C/C++ embedded systems developer that understands Software/Hardware co-design, Distributed systems design, and Software / Computer Architecture
- Lead and contribute to business acquisition, requirements analysis, design, code and unit test, integration and test, requirements sell off, and operations and maintenance of embedded software systems
- Ensure that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications
- Drive process improvements to aid in team coordination and maintain delivery schedule
- Communicate with leadership on status, issues, milestones, and successes
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field) and 9+ years’ experience, OR Master’s degree with 7+ years’ experience.
- Experience interacting with customers throughout the design cycle including major design reviews and architecture reviews.
- 3+ years of experience with C++ embedded systems development, within a Linux environment, with understanding of Software/Hardware co-design, distributed systems design, and software/computer architecture.
- 3+ years of experience writing real-time/low-level software.
- Secret Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
Familiarity with Inter process communication (IPC) such as Google Protocol Buffers, ZeroMQ (0MQ) and DDS
- Experience with Hypervisors such as LynxSecure, Green Hills Software (GHS) Multivisor, Integrity 178 tuMP RTOS
- Knowledgeable of safety-critical software development / DO-178 C or above industry standards
- Experience on complex systems with a focus on mission computing, memory systems, and/or displays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment
- Model-Based Systems Engineering experience
- Strong working knowledge of Bash/Python, Intel x86/ARM/FPGA/SoC, Embedded System Design, Release Engineering, Understanding of Change and Configuration Management, Debug/Trace Analysis, Real-time Operating Systems like VxWorks/LynxOS/Integrity, Software Integration, Test, and Verification/Validation
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines
- 3+ years of experience writing/modifying Linux device drivers.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux kernel-space/user-space
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit