Lead, Electrical Engineer - Power Supply Design (TS/SCI Clearance)
Palm Bay, Florida
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Electrical Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Good place to work, good co-workers. Location is good. Process optimization is a priority. Managers listen to good ideas. Many advancement opportunities.Electrical Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Electrical Engineer - Power Supply Design (TS/SCI Clearance)
Job Code: SAS20201510-51857
Job Location:Palm Bay, Florida
Applicant will be responsible for specification, design, analysis and testing of power and analog circuits for avionics and spaceborne applications.
- Interpret high level requirements to develop power and analog system architectures.
- Develop and improve concepts for new product designs.
- Lead small design teams from concept to final delivery.
- Design, test, and troubleshooting of power and analog circuits.
- Schematic entry, simulation, and analysis of power and analog circuits.
- Direct PWB design layout efforts for power and analog circuit designs.
- Perform worst-case analysis on power and analog circuits.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to execute design objectives.
- Producing technical documentation including review materials for customers, performance requirements, test plans, and analysis reports.
- Active Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9+ years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7+ years of prior related experience.
- 7+ years comprehensive experience of electronic power design, devices, control loop theory, thermal management, custom magnetics design, PWB layout and EMI filtering.
- Experience interpreting high level requirements to develop power and analog system architectures.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with SPICE tools, MathCAD, Concept, and Allegro tools preferred.
- Practical hands-on experience including AC/DC and DC/DC power conversion with various topologies (isolated and non-isolated) that meet the power and EMI requirements described under MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, and DO-160.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to mentor and train less experienced engineers.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.