Lead, Avionics Software-Systems Engineer
Palm Bay, Florida
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Avionics Software-Systems Engineer
Job Code: SAS20201812-54479
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL
The Lead Avionics Software System Engineer (LASSE) is responsible for the technical execution of critical high-performance embedded software solutions, and is the accountable primary technical authority for programs, pursuits, and basic research. The LASSE will be a full businesses partner with an emphasis on planning, design, and engineering of heterogenous blends of exquisite embedded software and enterprise-level infrastructure into highly scalable, fault-tolerant, mission solutions based on Modular Open System Architecture (MOSA) software.
The LASSE is responsible for the technical integrity of the software throughout the full lifecycle to include requirements-based verification and validation. The candidate will work closely with Customers, Program Managers, Engineers, Data scientists, and 3rd party vendors to ensure the systems and software meet or exceed mission needs and align with MOSA standards and reference architectures. You must be willing to get into the details, but also step back and a play key role in building a holistic view and drive delivery of mission critical solutions.
- Technical oversight and leadership of heterogenous blends of embedded software and enterprise-level infrastructures and platforms using embedded and cloud computing technologies into highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and seamless MOSA mission solutions.
- Accountable for the technical integrity of the system through the product/program full life cycle including proposals, design, integration & test, verification, and sustainment.
- Walk both sides of the V; decompose requirements to drive a risk mitigated development plan, oversea software system integration, and lead requirements-based verification using test threads.
- Manage teams of engineers with technical, cost and schedule accountability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 9 years’ experience, OR, Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 7 years of relevant experience.
- System engineering experience on complex military systems with a focus on embedded software.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with executing throughout the full Avionics lifecycle including requirements flow down and allocation, design, development, test, and sell-off.
- Experience developing technical or cost proposals in a defense contracting environment.
- Ability to lead systems engineering using model-based system engineering (MBSE) tools and methods.
- Expertise in Modular Open Systems Architecture (MOSA).
- Open standard participation such as SOSA, JCA, VITA, FACE, OCS, SCA
- Expertise in software cloud infrastructures and virtualization on embedded platforms.
- Knowledge of data models, hardware/software interfaces, synchronous processing constructs and control methodology, real-time processing, and embedded system and subsystem management.
- Experience with C++ embedded systems development, within a Linux environment, with understanding of Software/Hardware co-design, distributed systems design, and software/computer architecture.
- Has conducted customer verification on Military/Civil specifications such as DO256, DO160, and DO178C.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.