Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Technician C
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20220408-88101
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician C
Job Code: SAS20220408-88101
Job Location: Palm Bay, Florida
For decades, L3Harris has been an innovator in space domain technology designing and producing trusted space communications and imaging payloads and satellite systems. L3Harris is seeking a motivated and experienced Space Vehicle Assembly, Integration and Test (SV AI&T) engineering technician to support manufacturing activities on programs building responsive space vehicles at our Palm Bay, FL location. The type of hardware produced at this location is mission critical and often complex, containing spacecraft bus, mission payloads, complex microelectronic assemblies and higher-level system assemblies including small satellites and top-level space vehicles.
This is a hands-on manufacturing position and requires technicians knowledgeable in aerospace assembly and hi-reliability procedures. Supporting activities will include:
- Support of 2nd shift Space Vehicle satellite manufacturing and Single Line Flow integration.
- Individual contributor effort and lead technician responsibilities with limited supervision manufacturing and integrating deployable mesh reflectors.
- Following engineering drawings and processes.
- Mentor less experienced members of manufacturing team
- Lead complex tasks when needed, delegate and assign work to technician team
- Provide hand off or schedule status to 2nd shift manufacturing team
- Mechanical assembly and test of space hardware.
- System level hardware integration.
- Preparation for and conducting system level hardware testing (deployments, vibe, etc.).
- Performing system level alignments to meet system requirements.
- Field support for spacecraft integration and precision alignments.
- Working for extended periods (2 hour durations) while performing work above shoulder level.
- Move equipment weighing 45 pounds or less from one place to another.
- Work performed at elevated heights (up to 30 feet).
- Repetitive movements during specified durations.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to handle and manufacture space hardware.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance and work in a classified area
- Long term availability to work second shift and provide overtime support when needed.
- Experience with MGSE and/or EGSE operation for space vehicles
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 4 years of experience with manufacturing of space qualified hardware.
- Hi-Reliability, Bonding, and Aerial Platform certifications.
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and follow-through.
- Be a team player, pro-active, and customer oriented with a sense of urgency to accomplish a given task or goal.
- Possess a high level of initiative and willingness to learn.
- Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional mechanical skills.
- Experience in integration of space vehicle to launch vehicle
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.