Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Technician C - 3/12 Weekend Shift
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20221008-88504
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician C - 3/12 Weekend Shift
Job Code: SAS20221008-88504
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
L3Harris is looking for an engineer technician to performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas. The chosen individual will assist in the design, construction, test, and check-out of test equipment. Some of the responsibilities of an engineer technician include but are not limited to: constructing, troubleshooting, calibrating, adjusting, testing, diagnosing, maintaining equipment/components/devices/systems. The chosen individual will work from schematics, operating or repair manuals, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions. This role may require the individual to operate related equipment; conduct tests and report data in prescribed format; perform calibration and alignment checks; make adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepare prescribed compounds and solutions. This role requires an initial training period that follows a 9/80 work schedule. Once the training period is complete, the role’s primary schedule will be the 3/12 weekend shift.
- Assembles/configures process and tests equipment, instrumentation, data acquisition and control equipment.
- Performs setup inspections and validates proper setup configuration prior to test.
- Documents all setup elements that are critical to quality and executes equipment checklists.
- Coordinates with peers, customers, and engineers.
- Monitors ongoing tests and records required information.
- Documents test progress as required by procedures including clear and complete notes of observations.
- Observes all test details and reports any anomalies to engineering.
- Safeguards the integrity of the test through close monitoring of equipment in operation.
- Collects test data package and delivers to Engineer.
- Closes out test work orders and returns to Engineering task leader.
- Cleans up test area upon completion and returns equipment to standard configuration.
- Receives daily assignments from Technician Floor lead.
- Maintains certified status for all equipment which is expected to operate.
- Fabricates, calibrates, and installs sensors as required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Must be able to work weekends 3/12 shift (3 days a week 12 hour shifts).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with the setup and operation of environmental test chambers, vacuum test chambers, and vibration test equipment in a product development/qualification laboratory.
- Experience with environmental test methodologies.
- Ability to read, interpret, and execute tests using a set of written instructions and simple math.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- High drive for results and collaborative skills.
- Mechanically oriented.
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and follow-through.
- Strong initiative and passion for learning.
- Well-developed data acquisition and control experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.