Specialist, Engineering Services - Configuration Management
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20210402-56169
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Services Specialist – Configuration Management
Job Code: SAS20210402-56169
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
The Engineering Services Specialist performs configuration management (CM) functions to establish consistency of product performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information. Maintains the integrity of system documentation, design artifacts, baselines, and associated configuration information using configuration processes and controls. This role provides additional support to the design and program management teams as a subject matter expert for analyses, consultations, special topic discussions, tools support, DevOps support, and other tasking as required.
- Designs and establishes configuration management documentation and processes.
- Analyzes proposed product design changes to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Establishes baselines.
- Authorizes the release of drawings and changes specified by Program or Engineering Management.
- Provides advice and guidance on methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
- Plans and implements methods for continuous improvement.
- Acts as liaison between management and other functional groups to resolve issues regarding configuration analysis documentation.
- Performs audits to verify compliance with contract requirements.
- Implements hardware configuration management principles in an Agile development environment.
- Uses configuration management tools for issue tracking and version control.
- Administers existing configuration management toolsets, to include Agile Product Data Management, Rational ClearQuest and JIRA.
- Supports program audits including functional and physical configuration audits.
- Prepares Configuration Management cost plans for task orders and proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of relevant work experience OR Associate’s Degree and 8+ years of relevant work experience OR equivalent experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
- 2+ years experience in an engineering support role such as configuration manager (CM), quality assurance technician (QA/QE/QC), design drafter, technical writer, program operations analyst, systems support engineer, integration and test engineer, specialty engineer, or similar.
- Experience using Application/Product Lifecycle Management (A/PLM) tools such as Agile PDM, PTC Windchill, Teamcenter, SolidWorks, Microsoft TFS, JIRA/Confluence, or similar.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of EIA-649C, MIL-HDBK-61A/B or other relevant Configuration Management standards.
- One or more relevant Configuration Management certification(s) such as CMPIC or NDIA.
- Experience reading and interpreting Statements of Work, Drawings, Schematics, and Parts Lists.
- Experience in continuous process improvement such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Expert time management ability and sense of urgency in meeting critical deadlines.
- Experience or interest in leading teams and projects.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.