Director, Quality Management
Palm Bay, Florida; Orlando, Florida; Mason, Ohio; Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20212701-55662
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Quality Director is responsible for Zero Defect “Built In Quality” performance and execution across the entire Sector promoting right first time Quality and customer success. This position will oversee areas of internal, supply chain, and customer Quality Assurance, Quality Control
The Quality Director reports directly to the Director of Operations and dotted to the IMS Segment Senior Director of Quality. Business scope includes, but not limited to, Space and Sensors, Military Aviation Services (MAS), WESCAM/WESCAM USA related divisions and applicable sites
Key Job Responsibilities Include
- Manage, direct and develop team of Quality professionals across the EO Sector
- As EO Quality Authority, works with senior leaders/cross functions (SC, ENG, Prog, etc.)
- Enables and drives the IMS Zero Defect “Built In Quality” culture within EO
- Creates and executes Quality strategy to achieve key Quality performance targets (ie COPQ, Supplier and Internal Defect reduction, FPY, RTY, customer escapes, etc.)
- Partners with key stakeholders to drive proactive Quality/Leading Indicators throughout the Product/Process Lifecycle (APQP, PPAP, FAI, SPC, Mistake Proofing levels, etc.)
- Chairs EO Quality Corrective Action Board (CAB) and owns EO Zero Defect Planning (ZDP) to ensure execution of Quality CAB and ZDP at Division/Site level(s)
- Prepares and presents Quality inputs for Performance Reviews
- Support and engage with Customer Visits, Events, etc.
- Ensure compliance to industry, regulatory, and statutory standards including, but not limited to DOD, FAA, federal, state, and local regulations, etc.
- Ability to travel 25% and upwards as necessary
- Bachelors of Science in technical field from an accredited university or college
- 15+ Years of Experience in Quality as well as Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Program
- Quality Assurance and Operational Excellence background
- Experience leading teams both direct and indirect
- Strong knowledge, experience using Quality tools and principles (APQP, PPAP, ZDP, FMEA, etc.)
- Good understanding of Industry standards such as ISO9001:2015, AS9100, AS9145, etc.
- Knowledge of USAF and DCMA Quality Program Requirements (DLAM 8210)
- Good understanding of FAA Development and Certification programs
- Experience in analyzing information or data and ability to identify trends
- Strong written, analytical and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Collaboration skills, project management skills
- Capable of influencing a wide range of audience, and having demonstrated leadership skills to win support without direct reporting structure
- Formulate strategic vision, define implementation plan of action to achieve success
- Track record of building teams
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Results oriented, empowering leader w/ direct experience exceling in a matrixed environment
- Influential leader with good emotional intelligence and ability to coach and develop
- Interpersonal skills: Engaging communicator, strong collaboration, patience, and open minded
- Technical BS/MS degree (in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering) and/or MBA
- ASQ CMQ/OE, CQE, Six Sigma Greenbelt, Black Belt, and/or MBB or equivalent preferred
- Hold a Top Secret Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.