Associate, Security Operations
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is seeking an Industrial Security Associate for the Physical Security team located in Brevard County, Florida. The Industrial Security Associate role will be responsible for providing physical security support and guidance to programs and customers within Brevard County, ensuring compliance with appropriate government accrediting authority and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure assigned projects and programs comply with required security governance for physical, industrial, information, and other applicable security disciplines, e.g., IC Directives; DOD directives, instructions and manuals; security standards, national interim guidance, and Executive Orders governing physical, industrial and information security. Examples include but are not limited to: ICD-705 Tech Spec, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual, DoD Information Security and SCI policies and regulations, and Committee on National Security Systems publications, and provide general guidance of TEMPEST concepts and requirements
- Develop solutions and convey to internal and external customers. Provide technical expertise concerning physical, communications, and industrial security
- Coordinate and support proper installation and implementation of security technologies, to include access control, CCTV, and intrusion detection equipment which includes badge readers, access control panels, electrified door strikes, door contacts, request to exits, maglocks, power supplies, cameras, camera servers, switches, servers, cabling, motion detectors, and alarm panels
- Update and maintain records, i.e., accreditation packages, approvals, (e.g., database and hardcopy), current and accurate co-utilization and joint-utilization agreements, collateral area files, status remarks, expirations, inspections, assistance visits, DD Form 254, etc.
- Maintain complete, current, and accurate records in accordance with L3Harris policy and federal laws. Maintain well organized electronic and hardcopy records
- Provide input and assist with drafting policy documents, standard operating procedures, instructional handouts and other forms of awareness and training materials for physical and industrial security
- Prepare and review Fixed Facility Checklists and documentation supporting the SCIF/SAPF accreditation process, compartmented area approval and secure area approval process
- Perform site security surveys to determine if facilities meet requirements for accreditation
- Provide security recommendations and guidance for new facilities and those to be renovated
- Provide recommendations to accredit and de-accredit secure areas in support of the Life Cycle Management efforts
- Perform staff assistance visits to site locations to provide guidance on implementing and sustaining security requirements. Routine travel among all L3Harris Brevard County sites required. Other travel may be required
- Monitor and manage assigned security programs, projects, and operations and provide management with status reports and recommendations for decisions
- Reference and use DoD and IC security directives, instructions, standards, and guidelines to enforce compliance and mitigate security risks
- Support the GSA lock technician performing preventative maintenance, service, troubleshooting and repair of GSA approved locks, safes and vault doors
- Set / change combinations on all types of GSA approved locks
- Perform testing of secure area intrusion detection systems
- Interface with customers and accrediting officials (AO); support AO and customer compliance inspections; research and provide cost estimates in support of assigned projects
- Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift over 25lbs
- Ability to work in standing, sitting and kneeling positions
- Ability to work on an elevated platform, such as a ladder
- Overtime and after hours call-in as required
- Bachelor’s Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Active Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with a successful polygraph
- Ability to manage multiple project and tasks
- Active TS/SCI
- Direct experience implementing ICD 705, DoDM 5200.01, ODNI, DoD, and National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM) requirements
- Certification in GSA lock installation, maintenance, repair, by-pass and drill-out functions
- Ability to conduct security reviews of SCIFs and collateral areas, prepare accreditation recommendations and risk mitigation reports
- Possess professional security-related certification(s) such as CPP, PSC, SFPC, etc.
- Working knowledge of UL 2050
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload
- Strong computer skills and basic knowledge of computer programs to include Microsoft office suite and data entry software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility, sound judgment, and ability to multi-task
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.