Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Software Engineer - iOS Software Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Software Engineer - iOS Software Engineer
Job Code: SAS20222510-92440
Job Location: Ottawa, ON / Fredericton, NB / REMOTE (Canada)
L3Harris Trenchant has an immediate opening for a Senior iOS Software Engineer. The Senior iOS Software Engineer’s role is to engineer, design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. Development ranges from embedded systems to large scale distributed systems.
Working at Trenchant means working alongside the best security researchers and product engineers from across the security research and intelligence communities. You will be engaged on the most challenging problems in the toughest environments and delivering solutions supporting the cutting edge of cyber security research.
Trenchant is an elite global team of engineers and security researchers charged with building world-class computer security products. Trenchant’s expertise is the by-product of the L3Harris acquisition of two highly-regarded information security businesses – Azimuth Security and Linchpin Labs. United under Trenchant, we are a key component of L3Harris’ Intelligence and Cyber International Division. We are a trusted, discrete partner furnishing security products, consultancy, training and integration services to allied security, defence, and law enforcement agencies.
This position may also work remotely, but the engineer will be required to travel to Ottawa or Fredericton for regular in-person meetings.
- Write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Direct research on emerging system, security, and application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Build, run and monitor unit, integration, and performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Analyze, triage, and remedy software defects in support of Quality Assurance and Field Engineering staff in testing and production environments
- Craft robust software modules through the use of unit and component testing frameworks
- Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas
- Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members.
- Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals and guidelines
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of system, security, and application development best practices.
- Collaborate with product owners and other engineers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications.
- Take an active role in cross-team projects when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with C and Objective-C.
- Experience in system level software development including a deep understanding of operating system internals and principles such as: synchronization mechanisms, multithreaded programming, inter-process communication, memory management
- Previous experience with iOS system level programming in a senior role.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: reverse engineering at the user and kernel level, software vulnerability research, threat monitoring, compromise response or penetration testing.
- Experience with Agile software development techniques and associated merits.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a Canadian Federal Government Secret clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- System level software development experience with the internals of other modern operating systems (e.g. Windows, MacOS, Android, Linux) is considered an asset.
- Experience working with API based solutions, specifically REST architectures
- Experience with offensive or defensive cyber operations
- Experience with other low level languages (such as C++, Rust) is considered an asset
- Experience with continuous integration and DevOps principles.
- Experience with strategies for accelerating software delivery timelines and increasing reliability including continuous integration, continuous delivery and/or DevOps practices
- Experience with user-driven development methodologies and use-case-based design
- Experience with git and associated workflows in a production environment
- Experiencw with issue triage and working software defect hunts to conclusion
- Service in the Canadian Intelligence Community or Canadian Military working on an intel mission.
- Active security clearance with the Canadian Federal Government.