Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist,, Security Research Engineer - Security Researcher
Ottawa, Canada; Fredericton, Canada;Job ID SAS20222811-93944
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Security Research Engineer - Security Researcher
Job Code: SAS20222811-93944
Job Location: Ottawa, ON; Fredericton, NB; or Remote
L3Harris has an immediate opening for a Security Software Research Engineer with our security group, Trenchant. Trenchant is responsible for devising and implementing a sophisticated commercial cyber toolkit. Our teams are comprised of elite security researchers and former intelligence professionals with a fixation on realizing mission outcomes. We are pursuing top-tier senior security researching talent with experience across a host of technologies and paradigms. Our researchers, engineers and specialists work on tight-knit interdisciplinary teams. These teams generate thoughtful capability designs and incremental feature releases that reliably deliver cyber solutions into operational environments. Our business unit offers an exceptional value-proposition for individuals looking to make an impact.
Trenchant is an elite global team of engineers and security researchers charged with building world-class computer security products. Trenchant’s expertise is the by-product of the L3Harris acquisition of two highly-regarded information security businesses – Azimuth Security and Linchpin Labs. United under Trenchant, we are a key component of L3Harris’ Intelligence and Cyber International Division. We are a trusted, discrete partner furnishing security products, consultancy, training and integration services to allied security, defense, and law enforcement agencies.
This position may also work remotely, but the engineer will be required to travel to Ottawa or Fredericton for regular in-person meetings.
- Finding vulnerabilities in ubiquitous Internet-deployed software and/or popular devices’ software or firmware.
- Constructing exploits for the vulnerabilities you discovered
- Research & development on security technologies in such fields as exploitation, bug-finding, reverse engineering and static analysis
- Working with and for officers, employees or contractors of the company
- Regular interaction with managers to field queries and questions
- Take an active role in cross-team projects when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- At least two years of experience in vulnerability research, reverse engineering, and/or exploit development.
- Experience with static and dynamic binary analysis.
- Experience with iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, or embedded systems kernel, user land, and internals or browser internals.
- Experience with common tools in security research (e.g. IdaPro, Ghidra, Radare, Binary Ninja, AFL, SysInternals, GDB, WinDBG, etc).
- Experience with common programming languages including C/C++, Python, or Swift.
- Experience with common architectures (e.g. x86/64, ARM, AARCH64, MIPS, PowerPC, TILEGX, etc).
- Experience with modern security system features, exploit mitigations, and evasion techniques (e.g. defeating ASLR, DEP, Control Flow Guard, ROP, Security Product/AV Evasion, etc).
- Experience with a wide-range of modern exploitation concepts and techniques.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in vulnerability research through CVEs.
- Bespoke fuzzer development experience.
- Experience with symbolic execution and emulation software (e.g. QEMU, Corellium, VHDL, etc).
- Cryptographic research experience (e.g. side-channel attacks, implementing AES, etc).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.