Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Integration Engineer / Engineering Infrastructure Technician / System Administrator
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
Job Title: Specialist, Integration Engineer / Engineering Infrastructure Technician / System Administrator
Job Code: SAS20222504-81182
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
L3Harris has an immediate opening for an Engineering System Administrator/Infrastructure Technician. The Engineering Infrastructure Technician assists cross-functional software engineering teams with the sustainment of commercial electronic and purpose-built devices.
- Collaborates with test infrastructure, procurement and engineering staff to understand and satisfy diverse technical support requirements
- Engages IT to perform electrical and network interconnects required to deploy and service engineering test infrastructure
- Monitors health and performance of servers, networking equipment and other devices critical to engineering pipeline
- Maintains various operating system (OS) deployments, upgrading as the need arises
- Performs local-area network (LAN) and infrastructure troubleshooting
- Interfaces with IT to deploy and understand foundational hardware and software solutions
- Fields support calls and works issues to conclusion
- Provides support for remote or off-site employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with metrics monitoring, visualization and tracing platforms, such as Grafana, ELK or Splunk.
- Experience with virtualization platforms including VMware vSphere, service meshes, and cluster security.
- Experience with containerization technologies.
- Experience with the safe and proper operation of basic electrical test equipment, electronics tools, and hand tools.
- Experience in deploying network equipment including routers and switches.
- Experience with the advanced operation of Windows, macOS, Android and iOS operating systems.
- Eligible for a security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in a VMware environment (ESXi and VCenter).
- Experience with bare metal systems/servers building and preparation.
- Experience with network administration of desktop operating systems.
- Technical certification such as A+, CCNA, RHCE, MCSA, MCSE, Network+, or Security+.
- Experience installing and operating developer debugging tools on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.