Senior Specialist, Mission Systems Software (Level 4)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
As Senior Specialist, Mission Systems Software (Level 4) at L3 MAS you will:
- Be an active member of the Mission Systems Software section.
- Interfaces with customer for product management and project technical matters.
- Provides systems and software engineering in support to system, hardware, and software design changes to platform subsystems. High level troubleshooting of technical problems from platform-level to computer software configuration item (CSCI) level.
- Performs technical management of software development and/or software integration project executed in-house or in sub-contracted work. Act as the product owner for sub-contracted project work. Act as team lead for in-house project work.
- Manages system and software requirements and high-level design.
- Plans system and software integration and acceptance testing.
- Develops, generates and maintains project schedules and project plans.
- Reports status on deliverables and engineering studies.
- Supports the update of annual budget planning.
- Work is not generally supervised in detail and the amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment.
- Senior Specialist, Mission Systems Software with Bachelor of Engineering in Software, Computer, or Electrical.
- Minimal 10 years’ experience working with project plans, schedules and deliverables.
- Minimal 10 years’ experience working on a combination of different software development / integration projects such as: commercial application software development, commercial embedded software development, distributed systems software development, military platform and avionics embedded software development, or security systems software development.
- Computer skills: Office applications including MS Project. System and software modelling tools using UML, SysML, BPMN, etc. Modern software development environments.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- The selected candidate must be eligible to meet requirements all security clearances and conditions of the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
- Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.