Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Liaison / Supervisor - Associate Manager, Operations Management
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3 Technologies MAS, located in Ottawa (ON), is a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
L3Harris MAS, a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc., is an agile and innovative aerospace and defense technology company. Our 1000 employees provide complete military and commercial aviation modernization and upgrade solutions structural and avionics upgrades, aircraft component repair and overhaul, integrated logistics support, stripping and painting, field service support and technical publications, plus a full range of technical support services.
Our specialized aviation facilities include component repair, overhaul and machining, aircraft hangars and other upgrade facilities, structural design and analysis, full-scale fatigue testing and aircraft fatigue management, as well as other engineering services - from mechanical engineering and avionics to electronics and systems engineering.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to ensure confidence and security in the world ahead.
About your next Challenge as an Engineering Liaison / Supervisor:
Be responsible to ensure the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the individual unit AMCRO sections and other support staff under your direct supervision. You will be familiar with the Quality Management System and aircraft documentation in order to advise on AMCRO related matters of quality system development, implementation, auditing and continuous improvement.
- Represent engineering at various meetings, establishing and maintaining professional relations with the operations team, program team and with various clients and stakeholders to identify challenges, limitations, constraints and risks while providing solutions to complex problems. Manage emergencies and work on contingencies to minimize impacts;
- In close consultation with Operations Manager, continuously improve structure and efficiencies
- Through training and oversight, ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
- Collaborate closely with Licensed Planner, QA, Engineering, PRAA (Person Responsible for Assigning Authority), Programs Manager, and Operations Manager to ensure Airworthiness, Training, Currency, Projects, Customer Satisfaction, and Key Performance Indicators are met or exceeded.
- Carry out monthly inspections and follow-up on corrective actions;
- Prepare and participate in OHS committee meetings and follow up actions;
- Complete accident / incident reports; and
- Assist L3 Harris auditors during their visits and follow-up on actions.
- Respond and document corrective action requests (CARs);
- Create and update departmental procedures and ensure employees follow them;
- Participate and encourage employees to propose continuous improvement initiatives;
- Follow up on improvement measures; and
- Promote the RISE program.
- Establish and communicate the priorities of the day;
- Track proper completion of documentation with help from the maintenance planner, Tecg Records and Maintenance Supervisor;
- Facilitate daily team meetings;
- Approve timesheets;
- Plan and coordinate training requirements;
- Manage overtime required on a daily basis;
- Approve travel requests and expense accounts;
- Apply collective bargaining agreement as required; and
- Act as liaison with Mirabel Engineering Department.
- College or undergraduate degree in a relevant field of competence, such as engineering, mechanics or aeronautics;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in engineering management;
- Experience in team supervision (unionized employees an asset);
- Ability to make decisions quickly and take action;
- Customer-oriented and results oriented while adopting a "win-win" approach;
- Ability to inspire employees and collaborators in a positive manner;
- Good oral and written communication skills in both languages (French and English), an asset;
- Sense of work organization and priority management;
- Knowledge of labor relations; and
- Knowledge of laws and policies related to the environment, health and safety at work.
- Must be eligible for registration with the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government of Canada “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
L3Harris MAS cultivates an inclusive and stimulating work environment that empowers employees and promotes work-life balance. Our values (integrity, respect, excellence), community dedication and commitment to excel in everything we do are the foundation of our culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
Everything we do here has a direct impact on the protection and security of human lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.