Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Material Management - Material Planner
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris MAS, a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc., is an agile and innovative aerospace and defense technology company. Our 1000 employees provide complete military and commercial aviation modernization and upgrade solutions structural and avionics upgrades, aircraft component repair and overhaul, integrated logistics support, stripping and painting, field service support and technical publications, plus a full range of technical support services.
Our specialized aviation facilities include component repair, overhaul and machining, aircraft hangars and other upgrade facilities, structural design and analysis, full-scale fatigue testing and aircraft fatigue management, as well as other engineering services - from mechanical engineering and avionics to electronics and systems engineering.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to ensure confidence and security in the world ahead.
About your next Challenge as a Material Planner:
As Material Planner, you will be asked to participate in the definition and implementation of logistics strategies to ensure the maintenance of an optimal level of inventory. You will need to familiarize yourself with various internal and external clients’ requirements while maintaining an optimal level of inventory. You will be called upon to work closely with several functions within the company (program, engineering, procurement, methods, production and finance) in a multi-site context.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in the development and implementation of material management strategies;
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators at the material management level;
- Using statistical methods and considering the various inputs from different specialists, generate a detailed long term material forecast;
- Ensure data quality is preserved; (ex: unit price accuracy, data cleansing, monitoring of old transactions);
- Identify and manage obsolete inventory;
- Actively participate in the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to improve material management;
- Prepare and submit material management reports to internal and external clients;
- Provide material management support to the operations and the store;
- Analyze the available data as well as the history of inventory levels in order to:
- Rigorously monitor inventory levels;
- Identify and set up, if necessary, an inventory level management;
- Identify, analyze and report deviations, adjustments, causes of stock outs or passed expiration dates;
- Identify, analyze and communicate the optimal method of material rotation;
- Participate in the development, implementation and communication of material management procedure and governance rules.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or equivalent;
- Three to five (3-5) years of relevant material management experience (any other equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will be considered);
- Good knowledge of supply chain concepts and processes and inventory management;
- Knowledge of SAP an asset;
- Very good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (oral and written);
- Analytical, Adaptability, Teamwork, Initiative skills;
- Advanced level knowledge for Excel;
- Good analytical skills;
- Available to travel 10% of the time.
- Must be eligible for registration with the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government of Canada “Reliability” status and/or Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Visit the Government of Canada website for more details.
- For on-site positions, our location not accessible by public transport, car/carpooling required : Direction to Our Facility
L3Harris MAS cultivates an inclusive and stimulating work environment that empowers employees and promotes work-life balance. Our values (integrity, respect, excellence), community dedication and commitment to excel in everything we do are the foundation of our culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
Everything we do here has a direct impact on the protection and security of human lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.