Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Associate Manager, Cyber Intelligence - IT Team Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
Job Title: Associate Manager, Cyber Intelligence - IT Team Lead
Job Code: SAS20220710-91637
Job Location: Ottawa, ON / Fredericton, NB
Trenchant is an elite global team of engineers and security researchers charged with building world-class computer security products.
Trenchant’s expertise is the by-product of the L3Harris acquisition of two highly-regarded information security businesses – Azimuth Security and Linchpin Labs. United under Trenchant, we are a key component of L3Harris’ Intelligence and Cyber International Division.
We are a trusted, discrete partner furnishing security products, consultancy, training, and integration services to allied security, defence, and law enforcement agencies.
Working at Trenchant means working alongside the best security researchers and product engineers from across the security research and intelligence communities. You will be engaged on the most challenging problems in the toughest environments and delivering solutions supporting the cutting edge of cyber security research.
We are a small team that achieves world-changing results, and is driven to provide unparalleled cyber capability by utilizing technical prowess, innovation and our commitment to a noble mission.
The Team Lead must possess first-class IT and InfoSec security skills and be capable of shifting into a senior role within the team. We require team members with an eye for security, to serve as key contributors on the North America operations team. This role will have oversight to Canada and Unites States IT-Cyber Operations.
The Team Lead will support, mentor and coach the IT-Cyber team members on their various assignments. This position will be responsible for talent selection and staffing, as well as onboarding and training team members on a variety of functions. The Team Lead will also be directly responsible for talent assessment throughout the year, including periodic formal performance reviews. This position will partner with Program Managers and other Functional Managers to provide direction, guidance and oversight of assigned program and product teams to ensure proper alignment and IT infrastructure requirements..
The Team Lead will work directly with IT-Cyber Manager to ensure the team management approach is consistent, and to set shared short-term and long-term goals for the IT-Cyber department. The role will have integral part in driving the system architecture for networking planning and execution.
- Serve as a key element of the Global Operations team, fusing priorities from research, engineering, operations, and leadership to modernize network infrastructure and realize efficiencies across the business unit.
- Lead and manage a small team of System Administrators overseeing all North America IT services.
- Manage business unit LANs, WANs, and wireless equipment, upgrading and tuning servers, routers, firewalls, load balancers, switches, and cloud infrastructure as needed.
- Coordinate and execute rollout of new communications services, products, and software development infrastructure
- Deploy, configure, and manage existing, and new containerized applications.
- Triage and diagnose network performance issues, ensuring stable infrastructure for security engineering and research teams.
- Serve as a point of escalation for incident management and resolution.
- Analyze network deployments, identify vulnerabilities, craft plans to improve security and orchestrate necessary interventions.
- Participate in non-invasive red-team activities on Internet-connected and overlay networks, preparing and thoughtfully communicating results to research, engineering and business unit leadership.
- Provide infosec consultation and emergency response services to a global team of 140 security engineers and researchers.
- Supervise a team of IT-Cyber Specialists assigned to various program and project teams
- Interview, hire, and onboard new for open roles, working with recruiters to source competitive candidates and internal stakeholders to find and place candidates with desired skill sets
- Identify skills and knowledge gaps, develop training plans, and directly support training BSAs to ensure key performance metrics are met or exceeded
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and training for IT-Cyber team
- Conduct routine one-on-one sessions, fostering strong relationships with direct reports through coaching and mentoring
- Partner with Program Managers and other Functional Managers to support program execution by ensuring team is performing at a high level
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and senior leadership at our site and across the segment and sector
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent Cyber Security coursework and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing or leading a team of diverse individuals.
- Network or system administrator operations experience.
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Canadian Federal Government Secret clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Broad experience administering and securing modern server, desktop and mobile operating systems, including Windows Server and/or Linux.
- Experience securing networks and associated devices (firewalls, IDS/IPS, IPSec, VPNs).
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure including virtualization technology, such as VMWare.
- Experience configuring, hardening and operating Linux and Windows servers.
- Experience with Juniper JunOS and Cisco IOS.
- Experience with public-key infrastructure.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience aggregating and analysing activity logs.
- Experience with micro services paradigm and hands-on experience with container deployment and orchestration technologies.
- Previous experience supporting software development teams and basic software development lifecycle would be an advantage.
- Service in the Canadian Intelligence Community or Canadian Military working in an intel mission.