Supply Chain Coordinator
Orlando, FloridaJob ID IMS20212203-58409
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris Technologies, WUSA - Advanced Laser Systems Technology (ALST) is a world leader in the development and production of advanced laser rangefinders, designators, targeting systems and components. Based in Orlando, FL, ALST supports all branches of the United States Military, allied nations, OEM customers, border security and development labs.
The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for procurement of raw material, parts, supplies, and services while adhering to contract schedules and budgets. The procurement process is based on purchase requisition and MRP requirements in support of production programs and in accordance with established processes and policies.
- Issues requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and selects best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for optical, electronic and mechanical components.
- Purchases general office/building commodities and supplies.
- Researches suppliers’ products and capabilities and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Ensures timely delivery of materials and services of acceptable quality of the best value consistent with requirements and established budgets.
- Works with planners to maintain inventory levels consistent with production requirements and targeted inventory goals.
- Monitors supplier performance and recommends corrective action as necessary.
- Assists in resolving procurement discrepancies and works closely with suppliers, finance, receiving and other internal departments.
- Acts as liaison between suppliers and internal departments to resolve procurement related issues / concerns.
- Works with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
- Limited travel to supplier sites may be required.
- All other assignments as required.
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years Procurement experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.