Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Laser Technician- Manufacturing Technician D
Orlando, FloridaJob ID IMS20220411-93010
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris Technologies - Advanced Laser Systems Technology (ALST) is a world leader in the development and production of advanced laser rangefinders, designators, targeting systems and components. Based in Orlando, FL, ALST supports all branches of the United States Military, allied nations, OEM customers, border security and development labs. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. This position is located in Orlando, FL.
Job Title: Laser Technician- Manufacturing Technician D
Job Code: IMS20220411-93010
Job Location: Orlando, Florida
The Laser Technician (Manufacturing Technician C) works with other manufacturing employees on the installation, alignment, testing and operation of laser rangefinders and designators. This position works under general supervision in a production environment in support of production, repairs and as required engineering development. Assists as required in the development of build techniques in order to successfully transition new products from prototype to production.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Performs any combination of following tasks to assemble laser and laser system components, subassemblies, products, or systems: Reads work orders, follows production drawings, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Coordinates with Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to ensure a low-cost producible design and support the transition from Development to full rate production.
- Records, analyzes and interprets test data, makes recommendations for improvements in yield.
- Able to mentor and train junior level technicians
- Assists in setting up and verifying optical, electronic and environmental test equipment.
- Assembles and tests optical, mechanical and electrical subassemblies.
- Assembles mechanical parts and cooling systems.
- Records, analyzes and interprets test data.
- Completes optical bonding, cleaning and inspection of laser units.
- Builds wiring harness, solders and performs PCB assembly of electrical and electro-optical subassemblies.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Capable of assembling, alignment and testing of laser components, lasers and laser systems assemblies while under limited supervision.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies into next higher assemblies.
- Performs in-line go-no-go testing and inspection, using test and measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that specified quality standards are met for all tasks completed.
- Monitors and defines priorities for the projects he/she is managing on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
- Performs job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fully capable of working with minimal supervision or direction
- Hands-on mechanical, electrical, optical and laser assembly aptitude and experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Laser and Optics, testing and integration and diagnostics
- Skilled in electrical/mechanical assembly.
- Proficient in the operation of standard optical and electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, frequency counters, pulse generators, digital multi-meters, laser energy meters, frame grabbers and cameras.
- Skilled in conducting testing and inspections of products throughout the assembly process.
- Ability to set-up, align and calibrate optical alignment stations.
- Adept at working closely with engineering to develop and make recommendations for improvements in production methods in support of legacy, current and future products.
- Ability to interpret and work from drawings, wire run lists, wiring diagrams, schematics and procedures
- Proven success in a fast paced development and manufacturing environment and possess a willingness to take ownership, accept accountability, and thrive under pressure.
- Possess exceptional communication (both oral and written) and listening skills, with a strong orientation to details, and the ability to make quick, informed decisions.
- Minimum two years post-Secondary / Associate Degree from a technical or trade school and 6 or more years of prior relevant experience / Electro-Optical experience preferred.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required to meet company objectives.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.