Facilities, Shipping, Receiving Tech
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Involved in various aspects of raw material and finished goods handling. This includes but not limited to the processing of Domestic and International Sales orders, and RMA’s as well as consolidated shipments to our International Distribution Centers. Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders provided by supervisor.
In addition; prepares a systematic approach to the cleaning, repair, and maintenance of the building, grounds, equipment, and related facilities. Performs minor carpentry, painting, and plumbing maintenance work. Oversees the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Count items to ensure that the correct number of packages have been reconciled
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Look through work orders to determine order-picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions
- Match order information in order cards with information on picked items to ensure conformity.
- Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the appropriate
- Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company
- Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed
- Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each
- Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and procedures
- Arrange for a carrier vehicle or appropriate
- Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against receiving documentation.
- Maintain files of shipping
- Trace missing or lost
- Assemble cardboard containers or pick pre-assembled
- Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on Organize records of goods
- Maintain record of all transactions and processing of domestics and international shipments through UPS, FEDEX and trade management systems.
- Schedule pickups with freight forwarders for international shipments
- Perform manual invoicing of all domestic and international shipments processed through freight carrier pick-ups as required.
- Resolve product shipment variances; interact with finance and other related areas as necessary, e.g., shipped, not invoiced reporting.
- All other assignments as required
- Continually seeks process improvements and make recommendations to management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare for Annual required corporate Audits and maintain facility always in an Audit ready condition.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems as required.
- Work cross functionally to ensure scheduling of PMs, repairs, and coordinate daily activities without affecting production schedules.
- Manages equipment downtime and informing management accordingly of routine preventive maintenance schedules.
- Develop and/or revise maintenance and operating procedures for the facilities to ensure all documentation and data is complete, accurate and current.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using technical documentation such as electrical and mechanical drawings, manuals, etc.
- Be able to detect source of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation. Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Operate material handling equipment
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Communicate issues that cannot be immediately corrected and initiate parts requests.
- Support facility maintenance tasks as needed to ensure a clean, safe and presentable facility.
- Supervise external service vendors performing maintenance activities on site when necessary.
- Fire Protection
- Cleaning Crew
- Provide support and assist with specialized projects.
- Understand and follow all workplace safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures
- Support the Hazardous Waste Program at the site.
- Support any afterhours building needs and activities as required
- Attend training sessions and seminars as required
- Maintain compliance to City, County, State ordinances and codes
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements
- Prepare and submit summary Audits of conditions of the buildings both inside and out and recommend actions to be taken
- Capable of being trained as a first Responder to emergencies
- Move Furniture, Facilities Fixtures / Equipment as required.
- Maintain External Storage area.
- Have a working knowledge of EHS requirements and required monitoring.
- All other assignments as required
- Requires a high school education or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience ether in shipping software such as UPS and FEDEX systems. And or 2 years’ experience in facilities equipment maintenance.
- Experience in the processing of international and hazmat shipments is desirable.
- Be able to manage time and responsibilities independently.
Preferred / Desired Qualifications:
- Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Proactive, professional, self-starter and able to work well with people
- United States citizenship is required.
- Requires lifting, up to 35 pounds for an individual, up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Frequent standing, sitting, lifting and reaching overhead
- Significant use of standard office equipment, including computer keyboard, monitor, and mouse
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required to meet company objectives.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. Individuals assigned to perform tasks defined in this job description that are controlled by the ISO program have the authority, consent and responsibility to carry out those tasks as defined in the program
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.