Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Quality Control Inspector
Oklahoma City, OklahomaJob ID IMS20220504-80079
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Quality Engineering (Quality Control Inspector)
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Implements program quality plans, programs, and procedures. Ensures that maintenance actions and procedures conform to established manufacturer, company and FAA regulatory standards. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality and safety discrepancies related to aircraft maintenance action processes. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are meant. Recommends corrective actions, disposition and modifications. Responsible for the maintenance Quality, Safety and Hazardous Material, Analysis, Training, Functional Check Flight, Publications/Technical Orders, and Environmental Protection Programs. Performs inspections and critical task inspections. Reports to the Site Chief Inspector and may perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have minimum of five (5) years hands-on aircraft maintenance experience as practicing FAA A&P and 1 (one) year or more in Aircraft Quality Control/Assurance and have supervisory / management experience preferred
- Requires a FAA Inspector Authorization (IA)
- Two (2) years of Beech King Air 300, C-12, 1900 or similar airframe experience preferred.
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift and weekend duty and travel as part of maintenance recovery team as required.
- Must qualify for CONUS and OCONUS deployments if be required. Must be able to work in the established work/living environment, work 7 days a week, 12 hour shifts as assigned to support mission requirements.
- Must have in depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have a current civilian driver license, and be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret government security clearance. Must have in-depth working knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
- Must have in depth working knowledge of aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications-read, interpret, follow and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts and technical publications.
- Must have working knowledge (input and extract data) of computers.
- Must be willing and able to work with job related hazardous materials.
- Must be willing and able to conduct specialty on the job training.
- Must be have or be eligible for DOD Secret clearance and able to meet requirements for deployment to OCONUS locations.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.