Spec, Systems Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Spec, Systems Engrg
Job Code: IMS20192312-38287
Job Location:Offutt, AFB
The Spec,Systems Engineer provides maintenance and sustainment on extremely complex airborne and ground based systems for the RC-135S. These include sophisticated digital and computer based systems; RF distribution system, receivers, transmitters and modems; digital and analog recorder systems; audio and video distribution, switching systems, and communications equipment. Required to complete assigned tasks with little or no direct supervision. Position will require approximately 50% travel.
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of digital and RF theory and techniques.
- Must be accomplished electronics technician with sufficient experience to work unsupervised if necessary.
- Must also have the initiative and ability to study and learn these complex systems with a minimum of instruction or outside help.
- Knowledge and experience with the current RC-135S systems or equivalent platform is highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with the LINUX operating system and Microsoft Office software is desired.
• CompTIA Network+ or Security+ certification is desired, member must have the ability to obtain/sustain an IAT Level I certification.
- Ability to climb an aircraft ladder as well as lift 50lbs.
- Member must possess at least a Secret level DoD security clearance with the ability/eligibility to obtain a Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance and maintain required clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.