RC-135 Mission Systems Specialist (Field Engineering)
Offutt Air Force Base, NebraskaJob ID IMS20211904-59918
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: RC-135 Mission Simulation Systems ELINT Specialist
Job Code: IMS20211904-59918
Job Location: Offutt AFB, NE130
L3Harris is seeking an RC-135 Mission Simulation Systems ELINT Specialist for our location in Offutt AFB. The RC-135 Mission Simulation Systems ELINT Specialist is part of a team that operates the Mission Compartment Training System (MCTS). Candidates for the position must already have a thorough understanding of the RC-135 mission, aircraft operational capabilities, employment, crew complements, and various supporting ground mission systems. The ELINT Specialist develops and implements training scenarios, specializing in ELINT systems and capabilities while interacting with the user during aircrew training events. Operates the MCTS and associated simulation environment generation processors during mission simulations, Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) events, and virtual exercises. Makes recommendations to improve scenario generation software and to resolve equipment problems. Maintains the software used to operate the simulator and performs system troubleshooting and repair. The position requires periodic shift work and occasional weekend work depending on customer tasking, and requires periodic travel up to 10% of the time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support to RC-135 aircrew during ground training events using the MCTS.
- Develop and implements training scenarios, specializing in basic operator ELINT functions while interacting with the user during aircrew training events.
- Operate the MCTS and associated simulation environment generations processors during mission simulations, DMO events.
- Responsible for creating ELINT focused scenarios for DMO and non-DMO events.
- Makes recommendations to improve scenario generation software and to resolve equipment problems.
- Maintains the software used to operate the simulator and performs system troubleshooting and repair
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience
- OR Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with RC-135 mission system and operations
- Must be a US citizen and possess a minimum Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Able to work other than day shift if required
- Pass a CI polygraph when required by the customer
Preferred Additional Skills:
- RC-135 Raven experience, Tactical Coordinator
- Thorough understanding of RC-135 ELINT operations and execution
- Understanding of Electronic Warfare and radar fundamentals
- Superior grasp of RC-135 training system operations and capabilities
- Familiar with USAF Military weapon systems tactics and employment
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance, must be able to obtain one within the first year.
- CompTIA Security+ certified, must be able to obtain within the first year
- Familiar with LINUX and UNIX-based operating systems is a plus.
- Should be able to effectively interact with and speak system capabilities to high-level officials
This position requires an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance and the ability to maintain the Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.