RC-135 Mission Systems Computer Support Administrator
Offutt Air Force Base, NebraskaJob ID IMS20212001-55291
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: RC-135 Mission Systems Computer Support Administrator
Job Code: IMS20212001-55291
Job Location: Offutt AFB, NE
L3Harris is seeking a RC-135 Mission Systems Field Engineering Specialist - Computer Support Administrator (CSA) for our location in Offutt AFB, NE.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support for all RC-135 operational and ground training missions by preparing and recovering mission software loads
- Conducts recoveries of all missions by extracting critical data for customer use
- Provides Ground Data Processing System (GDPS) operations support, data import/export operations and mission data archiving
- Assists with GDPS hardware and software malfunction isolation, and configuration for special operations modes and testing as required
- Manages GDPS daily operations and make recommendations to correct system anomalies
- Responsible for GDPS database and software configuration control, and login/password security controls
The candidate must be able to:
- Pass a polygraph
- Obtain a Top Secret /SCI Security Clearance within the first year of employment
- Obtain and maintain a Security + certification within the first year of employment
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience
- OR Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with computer hardware and software principles
- Must be worldwide deployable with the ability to travel up to 30%
- Must be able to work various shifts
- Ability to move up to 50 lbs. up to 5% of the time
- Ascends/descends ladders up to 5% of the time
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Programming experience with Linux shell scripting, MySql, PHP, Perl, Java and HTML
- Knowledge and experience with the current RC-135 mission systems or equivalent platform or systems
- CompTIA Network+ or Security+ certification
- Familiarity with LINUX and UNIX-based operating systems and Oracle databases
This position requires an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance and the ability to maintain the Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.