Manager, French Custom Solutions
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Manager, French Custom Solutions
Job Code: SIS20181707-25979
Job Location: Toulouse, France
Every day satellite and airborne images are helping us understand and manage the world around us. From disaster relief management to defense, weather to natural resources, navigation to farming; it’s amazing the impact that satellite image and airborne images have on our everyday life. L3Harris Geospatial, with its range of innovative software technologies, is a key player in this data revolution.
As a result of continued growth, L3Harris Geospatial Solutions is expanding its European consultancy team and is seeking a Lead for our Custom Solutions team in Toulouse, which is part of the European Custom Solutions Group (CSG). Could you be one of the people getting to work on the cutting edge of this exciting industry?
You’ll be leading our French team and will be working with our industry leading image analysis software, ENVI, to make customized tools for our customers. Customers range from big to small, from blue chip to startup, from domain experts to end-users. We help them get the answers they need from remote sensed data through our enterprise and desktop based applications.
You should be experienced in managing and executing web-based projects in the geoscience environment and keen to embrace new technologies. Our ideal candidate might have a background in Computer Sciences, Geography, Physics, or a similar subject. Some work will be carried out in the defense environment, so the candidate should be eligible to apply for national security clearances.
We’re looking for people who are excited by this environment and want to take the next step in their career from project delivery to leading a small team of consultants. In return we offer a position in a great, dynamic team with a competitive salary.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as the technical and organizational manager for the French custom solutions team. Report to the European Custom Solutions. Lead and serve as a link to the French sales team. Manage local resources and overlook project execution.
- Manage local and European CSG projects.
- Support the sales team to capture new business by understanding customer requirements and writing technical proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of experience or equivalent
- Written and verbal fluency in French and English is required
- Master’s degree in natural or computer sciences, engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Proven experience in managing software development projects from capture to delivery
- Strong background in software development with experience in mainstream languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, IDL, Matlab.
- Experience with project management software such as MS Project or Unanet
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Eligibility for national security clearances
- Experience with Harris Geospatial products (ENVI, IDL) preferred
- Experience with GIS applications (e.g. ESRI) preferred
Please note: if you elect to submit your CV/resume into our database for consideration for a non-US based position, it may be reviewed by Harris recruiters worldwide to determine if your credentials qualify you for an existing position that Harris, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, is seeking to fill. In the event your CV/resume is selected for consideration, it may be provided electronically to individuals in multiple countries responsible for making hiring recommendations. In the event you are hired, your CV/resume will ultimately become a part of your employee personnel file where it may be reviewed by various Harris employees for business-related purposes. If you are not hired based upon the initial consideration of your resume, the CV/resume will be kept active in our system for up to 12 months. After 12 months it will be deleted from our system with no copy being retained by the company.
Regardless of the country in which you reside, if you are considered for a US-based position, your CV/resume will be stored according to US data retention policy pursuant to our requirements to maintain applicant information as a federal contractor.
By submitting your resume to our database, you consent to have your name, address, country of residence or where you will work and other pertinent information processed through a third party screening database to confirm your eligibility to be hired by L3Harris or a L3Harris Group Company.
If the information in your CV/Resume becomes outdated or inaccurate, you may resubmit an updated CV/Resume which will remain active for up to 12 months. If you would like to withdraw from consideration and have your personal information deleted from our database, you may do so my notifying us at email@example.com.