On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer for our Northampton, MA location.
- Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management.
- May manage projects or processes with general supervision.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Synthesize and define complex electro-optical and electro-mechanical systems containing multiple different dependent subsystems and technologies.
- Coordinate system level requirements internally and among subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with Project Engineer, other engineers and other departments to ensure that all technical contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
- Generate design review materials and communicate design decisions.
- Adhere to budget and schedule commitments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
- Must be able to lead a technical team on programs; Leadership Path
- Have the autonomy to make or influence decisions on a program without needing guidance or
- Independently perform requirements analysis and allocation and functional analysis and allocation.
- Develop Subsystem architecture block Diagrams. Generate an SRVM for the system level requirements. Prepare system and subsystem level specifications.
- Generate Test Plans for systems and subsystems to ensure validation of requirements
- Work with Quality Engineering and other disciplines to ensure Test Methods and Verification of Requirements is in accordance with the SRVM and Test Plans
- Support Production Floor for system integration and test
- Conduct or coordinate system level analyses and trade studies and complex design risk trade-off analysis.
- Coordinate and lead design reviews of new or existing designs prepare/present complex internal and external design reviews.
- Prepare estimates for manpower and other resources required to execute new projects or to complete existing projects.
- Prepare technical proposals to support Business Development bidding efforts including identifying technical risks.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to management and customers.
- Prepare and update system level Technical Performance Measures as required.
- Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Draft technical performance specifications and assist Purchasing Department with procurement of items as necessary
- Can generate a subsystem test plan with support. Works with Quality Engineering and PE to complete test plan and maintain verification traceability.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle, Data modeling, and UML (Software Architect)
- Can communicate technical design information and issues
- Can generate Basis of Estimate (BOE) sheets with support
- Successful candidates meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Works in a typical office environment with exposure to light manufacturing environment
- Light domestic and international travel environments – up to 25%
- Software used: Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, Outlook E-mail
- Technical Software Used: Mathcad, MATLAB, SysCalc
- The use of safety equipment (PPE) is required in designated areas
- Must be able to sit or stand for up to nine hours
- Fine motor dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Concentrated mental/visual demand
- Capable of traveling domestically and internationally
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.