Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Category Management
Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20222807-87662
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Supplier Development Engineer (Category Manager)
Using a developed knowledge of a supplier's implemented process control and inspection planning effectiveness, this associate will aggressively work to reduce the non-value added expense associated within supply chain functions and processes . This associate will be expected to work with our suppliers to improve performance (Quality and Delivery) and facilitate production cost and lead time reduction.
This position is for a professional with a background in operations, manufacturing and/or industrial engineering. This individual will work independently at the supplier site in several key target areas.
The individual will collaborate with supplier management to coordinate and/or lead activities such as process flow, value stream mapping, 3P, Gemba walks, controlled build reviews, defining metrics, change communication technology or system improvements, operational logistics thru flow and linkage, continuous improvement activities, sub-tier management evaluations, capacity evaluations, etc. This will include resolution of risks/obstacles, regardless of origin to ensure manufacturing, supply chain, and delivery processes have the capability to meet customer needs and schedule. Communication may involve senior management in multiple organizations.
Location: Limited hybrid work opportunity, position requires on-site work with hardware and team leading activities.
Travel Requirement: Up to 40% of the time, primarily domestic travel. This is a supplier facing role, that requires an on-site presence to engage directly with suppliers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Establish partnerships at all levels within the supplier, emphasizing collaboration, clear expectations, common goals, trust and transparency
- Identify risks and gaps in supplier manufacturing processes and develop gap closure plans
- Ensure suppliers are managing capacity, demand and resource plans that demonstrate rate readiness
- Assist the supplier in line of balance / metrics to evaluate the health and stability of the manufacturing process
- Monitor supplier performance and facilitate improvement projects using L3Harris KPI’s as a basis for prioritization and maintain total internal and external customer awareness.
- Jointly develop Get-To-Green plans with supplier, then implement targeted actions to hold supplier and stakeholders accountable for performance to plan
- Drive engagement and cross-functional collaboration between Supply Chain, Engineering and Quality for both L3Harris and the supplier
- Support corporate improvement initiatives by ensuring the supply base is trained on the common processes, lean manufacturing, quality systems, and other improvement tools
- Ensure technical reviews are supported with the appropriate knowledge and experience to provide a thorough evaluation of the supplier’s manufacturing capabilities
- Work with L3Harris Supply Chain Organization to identify capable and interested second sources, ready to provide a competitive option.
- Serve as an advocate to suppliers when at L3Harris and represent L3Harris business interests when working with these suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 5+ years supplier quality engineering knowledge or experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management or other related field preferred, equivalent experience considered
- Continuous improvement focus. Ability to investigate issues, problem solve, and prevent future problems from occurring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven capability to solve technical problems while meeting the need of the customer
- Able to work independently, prioritizing work to meet objectives and expectations accurately and efficiently
- Works well with all levels inside and outside of the organization: management, peers, and suppliers. Able to work collaboratively
- Ability to represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP) experience desired, preferably with Deltek Costpoint
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
US Security Clearance Required:
Shift: Day - 1st
Travel:– yes (up to 40%)
Organization Site: – NORTHAMPTON
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.