Sr. Software Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Software Engineer
We are currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for our Northampton, MA location.
- Developing and Maintaining Software Project Schedule
- Lead Level Experience with small to medium sized software projects; teams of 5-8 engineers.
- Reviews and prepares documentation for complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures; may run tests, evaluate results, debug defects, etc.
- Teach and Mentor Junior Level Engineers
- Participating in planning verification and validation activities
- Assisting in preparation of technical proposals for funding of research activities
- Involved with innovation in the conceptual stages of product development
- Strengthens customer relations through developed ability to communicate technical specifics with clarity
- Performing contract reviews to identify technical and non-technical requirements and risks and provides technical input during contract reviews
- Help guide the successful completion of major programs and may have opportunities to function in a more project lead type function(s)
- Interacts with external personnel on technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Designing, developing, and maintaining algorithms related to data and signal analysis, curve fitting, optimization, parallel processing, databases and associated tools for storage / retrieval of measurement and process control data, etc.
- Maintaining software engineering with revision control and supporting documentation
- Supporting embedded system development activities when required
- Supporting investigations and implementations of novel metrology methods, devices, and/or applications
- Designing and implementing embedded applications/solutions using microprocessor, DSP, RTOS, Linux, and networking technologies
- Working with the team, this individual will implement code, build applications and services as directed by management
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5-8 plus years of experience in a software lead position
- Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) knowledge
- CAM Experience
- Strong programming experience in C and/or C++ and debugging skills
- Demonstrated experience with requirements management/traceability
- Experience with embedded system concepts such as pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Demonstrated experience in network programming and TCP/IP
- Experience in writing development plans and technical proposals
- knowledge of SDLC
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must be able to Obtain/Maintain a Secret Clearance
- Remote work is limited for the first year in this role
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current Secret Clearance is strongly desired
- Highly proficient in C/C++, QT, and GUI development
- Experience with Zync and Vivado SDK, TFS, and TIVA
- Experience with Linux and GNU tools and cross platform development
- Experience with GPU programming
- Experience with OpenGL, Direct3D, or other relevant APIs for graphical display
- Experience with numerical analysis methods, digital signal processing, and/or statistical methods
- Technical Skills: Embedded RTOS SW Dev
- Peripherals: CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Other Skills: Defense Industry experience (i.e. requirements-based testing), DOORS, MATLAB
- Experience in BSP, device drivers and hardware/software integration
- Demonstrated experience in multi core programming techniques
- Experience in algorithm development, specifically image and/or sensor processing
- Strong HW/SW integration skills in a lab environment
- Experience interfacing with customers/vendors
- Strong knowledge of the software engineering discipline
L3Harris is currently hiring for multiple positions and levels. Candidates that apply may be considered and/or hired at an appropriate level based on skill set.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.