Sr. Project Engineering Manager
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Sr. Project Engineering Manager
We are currently seeking a Sr. Project Engineering Manager for our Northampton, MA location.
Manages the Project Engineers for the site. The Project Engineer (PE) owns engineering execution, drives leadership across disciplines, and manages all cost/schedule/technical aspects of the engineering scope. A PE bridges the boundaries between Engineering and Program Management on a specific program. They lead the engineers who contribute to developing the product, system, mission solution. The Project Engineer is often the primary engineering point of contact for the customer. Oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer, acts as a cost account manager (CAM). Serves as single point-of-contact between engineering project management and planning, engineering project team, and line management. Ensures technical program execution throughout the lifecycle of the program, from bid to end of program life. The PE provides support to proposal and Business development efforts including generating quote bill of materials, providing basis of estimates, supporting cost reviews, and coordinating technical proposals. The PE role is very similar to an IPT lead for organizations that are organized into Integrate Product Teams.
- Provides technical direction to the individuals in the group and to the program teams.
- Responsible for the management of engineering day-to-day tactical duties for assigned programs.
- Manage and direct the day to day activities of the Project Engineering Group and make individual work assignments.
- Participates in engineering manpower planning, estimates labor, support business development efforts and proposals.
- Works with other discipline managers to improve engineering process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Monitor individual performance and prepare formal Performance Appraisal Reports.
- Be capable of executing all the duties of a senior Project Engineer.
- Review and approve formal documentation (PLM, Assembly Instructions and Electronic Assembly Instructions, etc.) for release in accordance with internal standards.
- Provide technical direction and oversight to individuals in the Group and to program teams, insuring high standards of technical competence and achievement.
- Estimate labor, capacity and other resources as required to operate and adherence to budget and schedule commitments.
- Define capital, tools, equipment and other resources required by the Project Eng. Group
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to management and customers.
- Ensure quality through group adherence to the Quality Systems Manual and Standard Work Instructions and other internally or contractually invoked standards.
- Establishes the overall program plan from bid to project closeout to include integrated cost, schedule and technical scope baseline for the program. Plan should be executable and meet contract requirements.
- Develops the project resource demand and works with engineering managers to provide staffing and manage gaps & impact.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring engineering project progress and enables intervention and problem-solving with engineering managers, program managers, and customers.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have a working knowledge of Earned Value Management and Project scheduling, PMP certified a plus
- Must have cross-disciplinary experience in two or more of Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Systems, and Manufacturing Engineering
- Leadership: Demonstrated skills and abilities needed to coordinate, facilitate, and participate in a collaborative approach to the completion of tasks or assignments.
- Professional Knowledge: Advanced level of technical engineering skill/knowledge and the ability to keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Proven capability to solve technical problems while meeting the need of the customer
- Experience working in as IPT lead or in matrix organization; getting things done through others
- Must be able to drive Root Cause Corrective Action for hardware and processes
- Estimating labor efforts in accordance with DoD standards
- Occasional domestic and international travel environments 10%
- Software used: Microsoft Office and MS Project, PLM, Costpoint
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.