Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Assoc Quality Engineer
Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20222508-89516
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Associate, Quality Engrg
Job Code: QEP2
Job Location:Northampton, MA
Plan, analyze, survey and control to assure adherence to applicable quality requirements. Review new contracts to determine the quality assurance requirements and flow down requirements. Develop plans and methods for assigned programs to assure adherence to all contractual quality requirements and Division policies and procedures.
- Plan, analyze, survey and control to assure that all applicable quality requirements are adhered to in all phases of a program, including engineering design through customer acceptance.
- Review new contracts to determine the quality assurance requirements and flow down requirements to the appropriate departments or personnel within the division. Develop plans and methods for assigned programs to assure adherence to all contractual quality requirements and Division policies and procedures.
- Prepare progress or status reports as required. Confer with Program Managers on progress, cause and corrective action, risk mitigation plans and support cost reduction programs. Schedule and control the completion of program specific quality assurance tasks, follow up quality assurance action items and assure all quality contract requirements are met.
- Coordinate and lead the resolution of non-conformances, including MRB, root cause analysis, developing and implementing corrective actions and verifying effectiveness of corrective actions taken for assigned programs.
- Participate in DFMEA’s PFMEA’s and e3 improvement events as required.
- Participate in Engineering design reviews, review engineering drawings for conformance to quality requirements and sign off on approved drawings. Specify test requirements and assist Engineering in the development of test procedures and the design of test equipment. Assist in resolving inspection, test method and test equipment problems. Review and approve test methods and procedures submitted by vendors.
- Review assigned Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotation (RFQs), determine quality assurance requirements and support Program Management and/or Contracts in the preparation of proposals. Prepare, or support the preparation of, cost estimates.
- Perform on site surveillance and audits of major suppliers and source inspect major components and subsystems. Perform ISO 9001 re-certification and audit tasks as assigned.
- Function as Quality Engineer on production and development programs.
- Mentor and instruct Associate Quality Engineers as to methods, technical requirements, planning, scheduling, costing, and other related matters.
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- QE Certifications preferred
- 2+ years quality experience
- Ability to obtain Secret level security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current Secret level security clearance
- Lean and Six Sigma experience
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Familiarity with 8D RCCA methodology
Knowledge of APQP process
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.