L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer for our Northampton, MA location.
Responsible for development and sustaining of L3 Harris – KEO Periscope and Optronic Software Systems. Cross-functional role on team that designs and implements embedded applications/solutions using microprocessor, DSP, RTOS, Linux, and networking technologies. Working with the team, this individual will implement code, build applications and services as directed by management.
- Subject matter expert with strong knowledge of the software engineering discipline.
- Design, develop, optimize, debug, and maintain Tactical Software applications using accepted engineering practices and tools.
- Perform language and platform conversions, rewrites, or upgrades of existing software applications as required.
- Integrate with sensors, motion controllers, and other programs using TCP sockets and/or associated vendor-supplied APIs.
- Design, develop, and maintain algorithms related to data and signal analysis, curve fitting, optimization, parallel processing, etc.
- Design, develop, and maintain databases and associated tools for storage / retrieval of measurement and process control data.
- Maintain software engineering with revision control and supporting documentation.
- Support embedded system development activities when required.
- Support investigations and implementations of novel metrology methods, devices, and/or applications.
- Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management.
- May manage projects or processes with general supervision.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of Software Engineering experience
- Highly proficient in C/C++, QT, and GUI development
- Experience with Zync and Vivado SDK, QT and TFS
- Experience with Linux and GNU tools and cross platform development
- Experience with GPU programming
- Experience with OpenGL, Direct3D, or other relevant APIs for graphical display
- Experience with numerical analysis methods, digital signal processing, and/or statistical methods
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.