On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer for our Northampton, MA location.
- Developing and sustaining of L3Harris - KEO Periscope and Optronic Software Systems.
- Designing and implementing embedded applications/Solutions using microprocessor, DSP, RTOS, Linux, and networking technologies.
- Implementing code, and building applications
- Designing, developing, optimizing, debuging, and maintaining Tactical Software applications using accepted engineering practices and tools.
- Performing language and platform conversions, rewrites, or upgrades of existing software applications as required.
- Integrating with sensors, motion controllers, and other programs using TCP sockets and/or associated vendor-supplied API's
- Designing, developing, and maintaining algorithms related to data and signal analysis, curve fitting, optimization, parallel processing, etc.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining databases and associated tools for storage/retrieval of measurements and process control data.
- Maintaining software engineering with revision control and supporting documentation.
- Supporting embedded system development activities when required.
- Supporting investigations and implementations of novel metrology methods, devices, and/or applications.
- Working to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering discipline.
- Highly proficient in C/C++, QT, and GUI development
- Experience with the following;
- Zync and Vivado SKD, QT, and TFS, TIVA
- Linux and GNU tools and cross platform development
- GPU programming
- OpenGL, Direct3D, or other relevant API;s for graphical display
- Numerical Analysis methods, digital signal processing, and/or statistical methods.
- Able to work under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Able to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures
- Identify and addresses changes with own job area
- Recommend enhancements to systems and processes.
- Clearance highly desired, must be able to obtain/maintain a clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit