Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Software Engineer Lead
Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20221804-80853
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineering Lead
Job Code: SWP5
Job Location: Northampton, MA
About L3Harris Northampton:
From the first submarine periscope to the latest Optronics and Electro-Optical systems, L3 Harris KEO continues to translate design excellence into fielded products. L3 Harris KEO produces the systems that enable you to look, to see, and to control the leading edge of integrated imaging systems. Our mission is to provide the best possible imaging solutions to our U.S. and International customers while consistently achieving or exceeding our customer’s expectations in quality, delivery and cost through continuous improvement of product, process and service.
Additional information about the Northampton Site:
Our state-of-the-art facility was built in 2011 and showcases the manufacturing area in the center of the building, bringing focus and attention to our mission-critical products and manufacturing talent. The L3Harris manufacturing area includes; temperature and humidity controlled assembly areas, ESD sensitive floors, DOD Secret cleared rooms, a Test and Integration tower, Optical and Laser test ranges, Environmental and Qualification Test capabilities, Hydrostatic pressure test systems, an anechoic test chamber, 1,800 sq ft of clean room space for FOD-sensitive optical assembly, and more! The facility also features an open-office work environment and a full-service eat-in café!
Responsible for development and sustaining of L3 Harris – KEO Periscope and Optronic Software Systems. Cross-functional role on team that designs and implements embedded applications/solutions using microprocessor, DSP, RTOS, Linux, and networking technologies. Working with the team, this individual will implement code, build applications and services as directed by management.
- Leads reviews and prepares documentation for complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures. May run tests, evaluate results, debug defects, or lead others in these tasks. Leads or participates in planning verification and validation activities.
- Assists in preparation of technical proposals for funding of research activities. Involved with innovation in the conceptual stages of product development.
- Strengthens customer relations through developed ability to communicate technical specifics.
- Performs contract reviews to identify technical and non-technical requirements and risks. Provides technical input during contract reviews.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Strong knowledge of the software engineering discipline.
- Design, develop, optimize, debug, and maintain Tactical Software applications using accepted engineering practices and tools.
- Perform language and platform conversions, rewrites, or upgrades of existing software applications as required.
- Integrate with sensors, motion controllers, and other programs using TCP sockets and/or associated vendor-supplied APIs.
- Design, develop, and maintain algorithms related to data and signal analysis, curve fitting, optimization, parallel processing, etc.
- Design, develop, and maintain databases and associated tools for storage / retrieval of measurement and process control data.
- Maintain software engineering with revision control and supporting documentation.
- Support embedded system development activities when required.
- Support investigations and implementations of novel metrology methods, devices, and/or applications.
- Strong CAM/Lead Experience
- Strong EVMS Skills
- Strong programming experience in C or C++
- Strong debugging skills
- Demonstrated experience with requirements management/traceability
- Experience with embedded system concepts such as preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Demonstrated experience in network programming and TCP/IP
- Experience in writing development plans and technical proposals
- Experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Experience in building and leading teams
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Clearance if desired
- Highly proficient in C/C++, QT, and GUI development
- Experience with Zync and Vivado SDK, QT and TFS, TIVA
- Experience with Linux and GNU tools and cross platform development
- Experience with GPU programming
- Experience with OpenGL, Direct3D, or other relevant APIs for graphical display
- Experience with numerical analysis methods, digital signal processing, and/or statistical methods
- Technical Skills: Qt, Embedded RTOS SW Dev
- Peripherals: CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Other Skills: Defense Industry experience (i.e. requirements-based testing), DOORS, MATLAB
- Preferred Skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in BSP, device drivers and hardware/software integration
- Demonstrated experience in multicore programming techniques
- Experience in algorithm development, specifically image and/or sensor processing
- Strong HW/SW integration skills in a lab environment
- Experience providing technical leadership
- Experience interfacing with customers/vendors
- Personality Traits: Good Team Member, Can work on/lead a component independently
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.