Software Engineer Associate
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Software Engineer Associate
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer Associate for our Northampton, MA location.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Prepare & review design documentation in accordance with contract requirements
- Participate in design reviews to demonstrate that design meets all relevant specifications and customer requirements
- Perform software verification of build and installations
- Works with engineering team and other departments as necessary to ensure that all technical contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Participate in brain storming sessions, encouraged to propose creative ideas and solutions to the team
- Support risk analysis by supporting testing and task based activities; collaborate on issues and bring concerns to team and engineering lead
- Cost estimating for well-defined tasks using defined software estimation methods
- Participates in engineering internal and external design reviews and code walk-throughs
- Supports software system and component alignment, testing, troubleshooting and evaluation.
- Define and perform unit integration and testing at the configuration item level.
- Contributes to completion of routine technical tasks. Works in a typical office environment with exposure to light manufacturing environment
- Light domestic and international travel environments – up to 25%
- Software used: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook E-mail
- The use of safety equipment (PPE) is required in designated areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Exposure to role as co-op and/or internship
- 1-2 years of experience in software development (non-internship)
- Knowledge of systems software or algorithms
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with multicore programming techniques
- Familiarity with code composer.
- Knowledge of embedded systems development, RTOS concepts, device drivers and hardware/software integration, VxWorks, Zync, Tiva, DSPs.
- Knowledge in network programming and TCP/IP
- Knowledge with test techniques and methodologies
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit