Shipping, Receiving, Stores Clerk B
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Shipping, Receiving, Stores Clerk B
Job Code: UN5078
Job Location: Northampton, MA
Effectively process shipping, receiving and stores procedures that are aligned with company quality, delivery & cost goals.Handle paperwork, incidental to receiving, shipping and storing material. Verify, protect, store and deliver goods produced and received goods and supplies based on customer requirements and company regulations with an objective to positively impact business results.
- Verify material to be received or shipped against quantities appearing on the packing list or shipping order.
- Identify and communicate order discrepancies including unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Record data input (for example, unplanned issues including receipts and retunes, etc.) using appropriate tools incidental to receiving and shipping material and inventory management ensuring accounting and inventory accuracy.
- Package outgoing items to prevent damage, pack and unpack material received in accordance with the latest industry standards and most recent military specifications.
- Weigh items to determine shipping or express costs, affixing shipping labels and enclosing appropriate shipping documentation.
- Operate forklift or transporter to receive, deliver and pick up parts and assemblies.
- Deliver and issue items to manufacturing stations and office areas.
- Exercise proper material handling precautions in accordance with KEO rules and regulations.
- Maintain work area and equipment in accordance with 5S Regulations.
- Select suitable and safe storage per ISOP 9K15; accurately document variables including but not limited to quantities and location.
- Notify group lead of min max items when point of reorder has arisen and turn in kanban cards when necessary.
- Inspect part class codes E01, 001 and 002 to packing list, description and workmanship using accepted shipping/receiving/stores quality stamp.
- Identify supplies e.g. boxes, tape, packing supplies to ensure adequate amount of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Travel to customer, supplier or shipping destination for pick-up and delivery services using company transporter.
- Call trucks for basic material pick up; excluding pick up that requires Bill of Latting
- Perform general housekeeping activities within the receiving, shipping and stores area.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Forklift certification required
- Must have intermediate computer skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and exercise safe lifting techniques.
- 20/20 vision with or without the use of glasses or corrective lenses.
- Ability to sit or stand up to 8 hours, walk, bend, climb stairs and have good sense of hearing.
- Manufacturing environment in shipping/receiving stores area.
- Environment requires extensive safety training for the protection of oneself and the safety of others. The use of safety equipment is required at all times.
- 80% inside and 20% outside, exposed to weather elements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.