Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Project Engineer
Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20220206-83394
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Job Code: IMS20220206-83394
Job Location: Northampton, MA (50 Prince Street)
From the first submarine periscope to the latest Optronics and Electro-Optical systems, we continue to translate design excellence into fielded products. We produce the systems that enable you to look, to see, and to control the leading edge of integrated imaging systems. Our mission is to provide the best possible imaging solutions to our U.S. and International customers while consistently achieving or exceeding our customer’s expectations in quality, delivery and cost through continuous improvement of product, process and service.
Our state-of-the-art facility was built in 2011 and showcases the manufacturing area in the center of the building, bringing focus and attention to our mission-critical products and manufacturing talent. The L3Harris manufacturing area includes; temperature and humidity controlled assembly areas, ESD sensitive floors, DOD Secret cleared rooms, a Test and Integration tower, Optical and Laser test ranges, Environmental and Qualification Test capabilities, Hydrostatic pressure test systems, an anechoic test chamber, 1,800 sq ft of clean room space for FOD-sensitive optical assembly, and more! The facility also features an open-office work environment and a full-service eat-in cafe!
This position will lead the technical activities of a cross functional design team on a developmental program. This role will lead the team of engineers including Systems, Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, and Integrated Logistics Support engineers to meet the cost and schedule targets of a program. Work closely with Program Manager, Engineering discipline managers, Manufacturing department and other departments as necessary to expedite project completion and facilitate the overall operation of the project team. This position acts as the primary technical point of contact for the customer.
- Facilitate the overall operation and performance of a project team.
- Provide coordination between resource managers/supervisors and Program Manager.
- Provide technical leadership acting as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead working with a Chief System Engineer on issues related to subcontractors, suppliers and customers, supports management of the technical risks and opportunities to optimize program performance.
- Ensure that all technical contractual obligations or project baseline requirements are fulfilled, reviews program documentation and other work products created by the program team. Responsible for ensuring design reviews are held in accordance with internal and customer standards.
- Provide timely status updates with milestones, issues with plan of resolution to management team
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and techniques.
- Prepare and monitor engineering project team schedules, plans and budgets, competent in understanding and reporting Earned Value metrics.
- Coordinate preparation of work breakdown structures, task descriptions, basis of estimates and other resources required to perform cost estimating, including resource estimates and Estimates at Completion for ongoing efforts.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers.
- Adhere to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Clearance.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Computer System Engineering or related technical degree
- Multi-Disciplined Team Lead experience minimum 6 years after receiving a Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Earned Value Experience on a DoD contract
- Minimum of 4 years of design, and 4 years of multi-discipline leadership roles (Project Engineer, IPT, etc.) on a developmental program
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.