Scientist, Software Engrg
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineering Scientist
Job Code: SWP6
Job Location: Northampton, MA
Responsible for development and sustaining of L3 Harris – KEO Periscope and Optronic Software Systems. Cross-functional role on team that designs and implements embedded applications/solutions using microprocessor, DSP, RTOS, Linux, and networking technologies. Working with the team, this individual will implement code, build applications and services as directed by management.
- Leads reviews and prepares documentation for complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures. May run tests, evaluate results, debug defects, or lead others in these tasks. Leads or participates in planning verification and validation activities.
- Assists in preparation of technical proposals for funding of research activities. Involved with innovation in the conceptual stages of product development.
- Strengthens customer relations through developed ability to communicate technical specifics.
- Performs contract reviews to identify technical and non-technical requirements and risks. Provides technical input during contract reviews.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Strong knowledge of the software engineering discipline.
- Design, develop, optimize, debug, and maintain Tactical Software applications using accepted engineering practices and tools.
- Perform language and platform conversions, rewrites, or upgrades of existing software applications as required.
- Integrate with sensors, motion controllers, and other programs using TCP sockets and/or associated vendor-supplied APIs.
- Design, develop, and maintain algorithms related to data and signal analysis, curve fitting, optimization, parallel processing, etc.
- Design, develop, and maintain databases and associated tools for storage / retrieval of measurement and process control data.
- Maintain software engineering with revision control and supporting documentation.
- Support embedded system development activities when required.
- Support investigations and implementations of novel metrology methods, devices, and/or applications.
- Strong CAM/Lead Experience
- Strong EVMS Skills
- Strong programming experience in C or C++
- Strong debugging skills
- Demonstrated experience with requirements management/traceability
- Experience with embedded system concepts such as preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Demonstrated experience in network programming and TCP/IP
- Experience in writing development plans and technical proposals
- Experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Experience in building and leading teams
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Clearance if desired
- Highly proficient in C/C++, QT, and GUI development
- Experience with Zync and Vivado SDK, QT and TFS, TIVA
- Experience with Linux and GNU tools and cross platform development
- Experience with GPU programming
- Experience with OpenGL, Direct3D, or other relevant APIs for graphical display
- Experience with numerical analysis methods, digital signal processing, and/or statistical methods
- Technical Skills: Qt, Embedded RTOS SW Dev
- Peripherals: CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Other Skills: Defense Industry experience (i.e. requirements-based testing), DOORS, MATLAB
- Preferred Skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in BSP, device drivers and hardware/software integration
- Demonstrated experience in multicore programming techniques
- Experience in algorithm development, specifically image and/or sensor processing
- Strong HW/SW integration skills in a lab environment
- Experience providing technical leadership
- Experience interfacing with customers/vendors
- Personality Traits: Good Team Member, Can work on/lead a component independently
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit