Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20210403-57559
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer for our Northampton, MA location.
Job Description: Lead the technical activities of a design team on different types of programs including new product development, production and IR and D programs. Work closely with Program Manager, Engineering groups, Manufacturing department and other departments as necessary to expedite project completion and facilitate the overall operation of project team.
- Facilitate the overall operation and performance of a project team.
- Provides coordination between resource managers/supervisors and Program Manager.
- Provide technical leadership acting as an IPT Lead working with a Chief System Engineer on issues related to subcontractors, suppliers and customers, supports management of the technical risks and opportunities to optimize program performance.
- Ensure that all technical contractual obligations or project baseline requirements are fulfilled, reviews program documentation and other work products created by the program team.
- Work with Program Manager and Lead Engineers to assure adherence to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- Provide timely status updates with milestones, issues with plan of resolution to management team
- Contacts are primarily with Engineers, Program Managers, Operation Managers and acts as the primary technical contact for the customer.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and techniques.
- Prepare and monitor engineering project team schedules, plans and budgets, competent in understanding and reporting EV metrics.
- Estimate resource needs for developmental programs.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers.
- Conduct design reviews internally and with the customer
- Coordinate preparation of work breakdown structures, task descriptions, basis of estimates and other resources required to perform cost estimating.
- Support new business opportunities related to the product.
- Adhere to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Computer System Engineering.
- Multi-Disciplined Team Lead Experience 7+ years after receiving Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have prior experience being a Technical Lead on a developmental program
- Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.