Principal, Program/Capture Management
Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20210704-59316
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Principal, Program/Capture Manager
Job Location: Northampton, MD (preferred) or telework
The Principal, Program/Capture Management is recognized as an internal expert and thought leader in area of expertise with broad experience across multiple capture and business development skills. Works under consultative direction against annual goals to manage large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization. Customer-facing - Communicates within and outside the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts, and compel customer to consider the L3Harris solution. Develops persuasive solution that highlights new systems, concepts and technologies. Recommends tactics and strategies that achieve overall business and functional results.
- Capture Management: Collaborates effectively with functional professionals to develop capture strategy and plan that includes organization, oversight, guidance and leadership of the team of professionals assigned to the capture team.
- Proposal Management: leads proposal development activities for competitive proposals.
- Subject Matter Expert: provides guidance for competitive proposal development activities– highly skilled at schedule development and execution, strategy integration, proposal quality control, writing, reviews.
- Primary Proposal interface with Business Development to ensure win strategy, customer contact plans and competitive intelligence initiatives are in place for all pursuits.
- Develop, maintain, and update and scale capture process documents to drive a winning culture and disciplined process application including assessing and filling process gaps.
- Proficient with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and Microsoft Office products including word, excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project programs required to communicate effectively to customer and company executive leadership.
- Support Business Development function with ad hoc analysis: Respond to / support executive-sponsored special projects and reporting requirements; Develop compelling briefs that succinctly and accurately present findings to senior leadership.
- Oversee and manage internal and/or external operational aspects of ongoing projects within a program.
- External aspects require leadership and broad expertise across a multitude of disciplines.
- Internal aspects may include leading a subset of the project’s scope, or interface between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Influences the adoption of practices, approaches and concepts across multiple disciplines.
- Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals with direct impact to the achievement against functional strategies.
- Responsible for establishing the direction for new processes, systems, solutions, and products using significant conceptualization, reason, and interpretation.
- Recommends and operationalizes capture strategies that directly build on mid- and long-term function and business area goals.
- Travel up to 40% of the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced business knowledge of and technical mastery in DoD program captures.
- Leadership expertise guiding business functional teams without a formal management role.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience or Graduate technical degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- Secret clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Two or more years of experience as capture leader on teams pursuing a Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition program
- Completion of or at least participation in industry-sponsored capture leader training program
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.