Manufacturing Engineering Manager
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job Code: MFM5
Job Location: Northampton, MA
- Manage day-to-day activities of the following associates: Manufacturing Engineers
- Provide operations cost estimates for proposals and maintain accountability for meeting the estimates.
- Responsible for operations budgets, schedules, deliveries and product quality.
- Lead the application of e3 (Continuous Improvement) within the operations organization; lean approach to manufacturing (5S, Standard Work, QDIP, Flow and DMP); continuous improvement activities (root cause investigation, countermeasure development).
- Support the operations strategic plan and maintain its alignment to the overall program strategic plan.
- Develop and manage the operations budgets and be accountable for meeting the defined budget.
- Lead the design and implementation of specialized tooling, test fixtures and assembly fixtures in an effort to continuously reduce over all costs.
- Provide an open environment for cost reduction opportunities within operations team and support cost reduction opportunities throughout the cell.
- Develop and implement the manufacturing processes required to concurrently develop and introduce new products and models from development to manufacturing.
- Development of an organization to support operations and its QDC objectives including the implementation of associate development plans. Ensure compliance with departmental processes and procedures, including the completion of supporting documentation and manufacturing paperwork.
- Monitor resources regularly in order to prevent budget over runs and schedule delays.
- Interface with other Operations leaders as well as cross functional/ cross departmental teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum Experience Required: 10+ years of experience required. Preferably within manufacturing operations, manufacturing engineering, operations management.
- Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Familiarity with Cost Point
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Familiarity with ESD environment and regulations
- Ability to read, understand, and develop blueprints and complex operation instructions
- Detailed orientated with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates
- Ability to interface with the customer including onsite DCMA representatives
- Experienced supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Past experience operating in a unionized environment is desirable
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.