Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Program Management
Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20232505-101258
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
About L3Harris Technologies:
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
Effectively utilizes company and customer resources to plan, execute and monitor the assigned program to achieve the desired program goals. Have overall accountability for the program profitability, on-time delivery and customer satisfaction including product technology, performance and quality. Serve as the program leader and single-point of contact both internally and externally. Interfaces with other functional managers to resolve chanllenges and proactively promote teamwork across the IPT.
- Maintain effective liaison with customers, program and proposal teams, departments and management to secure compliance with schedules, resolve problems and coordinate tasks.
- Collaborate with multiple matrix functions to secure completion of all necessary tasks ensuring final product meets contractual technical and performance specifications.
- Coordinate the development of program plans, win strategies, capture plans and proposal plans including the preparation of work breakdown structures, budgets, network plans, risk and cost reduction plans.
- Monitor program progress, exercising control of schedules, reporting and the preparation of reports and contractual data.
- Maintains financial, schedule and technical data on assigned proposals and programs; identify and recommend solutions to significant problems.
- Manage and lead major proposal efforts and programs.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for expanding business opportunities with existing and new customers including business area plans.
- Leads and participates in contract negotiations, applying a breadth of contract management knowledge and requirements management expertise.
- Maintain confidentiality with exposure to a large amount of company sensitive material.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area.
- May have in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant industry experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related industry experience.
- PMP Certification required or must be obtained within first year in position
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
- US Citizenship required with eligbility to achieve a Secret Clearance)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Soft skills (I.E. Proficient in MS Office, Strong communication…)
- Prior experience as a Program Manager as a customer to International Shipyards/Navies or as Major Prime to USG
- Active Secret Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.