Internal Lead Auditor
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job Code: QSP3
Job Location: Northampton, MA
The lead internal auditor will coordinate all audit activities within the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain the annual internal audit schedule.
- Develop and conduct Internal Audit Training as necessary.
- Assign the auditors and/or audit teams to each internal audit.
- Develop all internal audit plans.
- Conduct Opening/Closing meetings.
- Lead and/or conduct the audits.
- Write and deliver clear, concise audit reports.
- Identify needs for corrective and preventive action.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Report audit status at monthly management reviews.
- Support and/or facilitate post-audit process improvement activities.
- Facilitate the implementation of improvement opportunities developed as a result of audit findings or audit recommendations (Corrective and Preventive Action).
- Monitor and review the Corrective and Preventive Action System and Audit program.
- Evaluate performance of auditors.
- Responsible for the identification and documentation of quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems. Facilitates the implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Leads the preparation and execution of internal audits within established manufacturing and production controls to ensure compliance with internal and external specifications and standards. Liaises with auditing groups and inspectors to develop formal written reports, and recommend corrective actions. Identifies trends in discrepancies and collaborates with process owners on the refinement and optimization of business processes. Oversees testing department activities and work of inspectors. Reviews, approves, and controls work order flow tags. Develops inspection techniques, tools, and supplemental inspection instructions in support of standards, methods and procedures. Participates in supplier corrective and preventative actions, including: customer escapes, process nonconformities, supplier corrective actions, customer and change control, and material review board meetings.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have the ability to participate in, lead and facilitate teams
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2015, AS9100, MIL Standards, Defense contracts requirements such as FAR, DFAR, DPAS, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access
- Good Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.