Lead Electrical Engineer
Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20210102-55939
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Electrical Engineering Lead
We are currently seeking a Electrical Engineering Lead for our Northampton, MA location.
**This position is currently being offer with a 50/50 remote schedule. The selected candidate will need to reside in Northampton, MA or surrounding area. Relocation is available.
Who is L3Harris KEO?
From the first submarine periscope to the latest optronic sensors, L3Harris KEO continues to translate design excellence into fielded products. L3Harris KEO produces the systems that enable our customers to look, to see, and to control the leading edge of integrated imaging systems. Our mission is to provide the best possible imaging solutions to our U.S. and International customers while consistently achieving or exceeding our customer’s expectations in quality, delivery and cost through continuous improvement of product, process and service
What is it like to work at L3Harris KEO?
From the moment you walk in the door, we are focused on your growth and development within the company. We place employee engagement as a high priority in our work environment. Starting with a 90day on-boarding plan to acclimate you to the products, our proud history, tools and processes. We conduct annual career discussions to focus on opportunities and mentoring, and skills you need to develop in order to advance both personally and professionally. For internal surveys, we develop action plans within our respective teams to address areas to improve.
Our firm is currently looking for an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Electrical Engineer to design electronics for maritime applications. The Electrical Engineer must be capable of deriving requirements, selecting components, designing and analyzing circuits.
- Design and develop electrical/electronic design concepts and implement concepts into finished working designs. Work from specification requirements, design concepts and inputs from customer and other engineers involving multidisciplinary activities.
- General knowledge of all areas of electrical engineering and capable of leading a design effort.
- Capable of performing design analysis and establish circuit level tests to establish validity of designs including thermal effects and contributions of tolerance.
- Review master patterns for printed circuits, provide part selection, specify cabling, develop or specify test methods and associated test equipment.
- Identify tasks associated with existing projects and estimate labor needs and other resources required to execute objectives.
- Prepare and present internal and external design reviews, PDR and CDR activities to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Support risk analysis by supporting testing and task based activities; collaborate on issues and bring concerns to team and engineering lead.
- Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
- FPGA background a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a development environment
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with Xilinx, VHDL, TIVA, DSPs
- Systems engineering
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.