L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Northampton, MA location.
**This position will be 50/50 remote. Candidate will need to reside in Northampton, MA or surrounding area. Relocation packages available.
We are hiring for an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Electrical Engineer to design electronics for maritime applications. The Electrical Engineer must be capable of deriving requirements, selecting components, designing and analyzing circuits. Define the reliability and maintainability (R&M) requirements for the product and perform appropriate analyses and tasks to ensure the product will meet the defined R&M requirements. The Electrical Engineer would assist to Develop logistics support material and a logistics support strategy that influences the engineering design process in order to improve product reliability and maintainability, lower life cycle cost and decrease the demand for logistics support.
- Design and develop electrical/electronic design concepts and implement concepts into finished working designs. Work from specification requirements, design concepts and inputs from customer and other engineers involving multidisciplinary activities.
- Capable of performing design analysis and establish circuit level tests to establish validity of designs including thermal effects and contributions of tolerance.
- Review master patterns for printed circuits, provide part selection, specify cabling, develop or specify test methods and associated test equipment.
- Prepare and present internal and external design reviews, PDR and CDR activities to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
- FPGA background a plus.
- Analyze equipment design for reliability and maintainability (R&M) design aspects.
- Provide feedback to the design team related to tradeoffs and issues regarding R&M.
- Assist in in the preparation of planning documents and understand customer requirements and expectations.
- Participate in the development of technical publications for electro-optical equipment; to include general description, troubleshooting, assembly, installation and preventive / corrective maintenance procedures.
- Ability to support field service activities related to product testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a development environment
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with Xilinx, VHDL, TIVA, DSPs
- Systems engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office, and Abobe Illustrator
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.