On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Electrical Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Good place to work, good co-workers. Location is good. Process optimization is a priority. Managers listen to good ideas. Many advancement opportunities.Electrical Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Northampton, MA location.
Job Description: Design and develop electrical/electronic design concepts and implement concepts into finished working designs. Work from specification requirements, design concepts and inputs from customer and other engineers involving multidisciplinary activities.
- Design and develop electrical/electronic design concepts and implement concepts into finished working designs. Work from specification requirements, design concepts and inputs from customer and other engineers involving multidisciplinary activities.
- Capable of performing design analysis and establish circuit level tests to establish validity of designs including thermal effects and contributions of tolerance.
- Review master patterns for printed circuits, provide part selection, specify cabling, develop or specify test methods and associated test equipment.
- Prepare and present internal and external design reviews, PDR and CDR activities to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
- FPGA background a plus.
- Analyze equipment design for reliability and maintainability (R&M) design aspects.
- Provide feedback to the design team related to tradeoffs and issues regarding R&M.
- Assist in in the preparation of planning documents and understand customer requirements and expectations.
- Participate in the development of technical publications for electro-optical equipment; to include general description, troubleshooting, assembly, installation and preventive / corrective maintenance procedures.
- Ability to support field service activities related to product testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a development environment
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with Xilinx, VHDL, TIVA, DSPs
- Systems engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office, and Abobe Illustrator
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.