Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Assoc, Optical Engineer (New Grad - Northampton, MA)
Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20221606-84339
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Design and develop optical systems (thermal and visual) and components in accordance with applicable specifications and other mechanical, environmental and electrical requirements.
- Work with other engineering groups, the project engineer, manufacturing and other departments to insure that all contractual and other project requirements related to optical performance are fulfilled.
- Design and detailing of multiple focal length high-resolution visual, near infrared, and short wave infrared optical systems.
- Design and detailing of multiple focal lengths, mid wave and long wave, cooled and uncooled infrared imaging systems.
- Perform in-depth optical tolerance, alignment and risk mitigation analysis.
- Creation and approval of optical lens and component drawings that conform to current military, ISO and/or ANSI specifications.
- Determine design approaches and parameters
- Perform system analysis to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
- Perform simulations and present design reviews to peer engineers
- Write scripts to control synthesis and build tools
- Perform optical design and analysis on advanced telescopes, calibrators, unique optical test sets
- Develop optical budgets and sensitivities including wavefront error, MTF, line of sight, and throughput
- Perform analyses to show compliance to optical requirements and specifications for imaging systems, assemblies, component drawings, coatings, etc.
- Perform tolerancing analyses to assess manufacturability and optical alignment
- Provide optical modeling, analysis and metrology support during system alignment, integration and testing
- Perform other unique modeling tasks, such as: spectral tuning/splitting, polarization, phase retrieval, image simulation, etc.
- Support the development of optical technologies and architectural concepts to support the company’s current and new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electro-Optical Engineering Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Materials Engineering, Materials Science Engineering or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Knowledge and/or experience with VHDL, MCM, HFSS, Network, Power, Analog, Antennas, Controls, ENE, RF, Photonics, Modem, EDA, DSP, MATLAB, Communication Systems, FPGA, Aerospace industry or Optical Engineering
- Knowledge of Code V and/or Zemax software tools
- Excellent communication, technical writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of FRED, Matlab, Python
- Knowledge of and/or understanding circuit analysis and operational concepts
- Familiarity with various computing environments (LINUX/Windows)
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.