Senior Specialist, Subcontracts Manager
North Amityville, New YorkJob ID SAS20210902-56320
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Subcontracts Manager
Job Code: SAS20210902-56320
Job Location: Amityville, NY
L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Subcontract Manager to join its Supply Chain organization in Amityville, NY. Administrator will be responsible for the procurement of subcontracts including the management of cost, schedule and performance parameters.
The Subcontracts Manager will be responsible for conducting solicitations, executing contracts and managing subcontractor performance, including the management of cost, schedule and performance parameters for multiple contract requirements.
- Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, execute contracts and documents the contracting file.
- Conducts the contracting process in adherence with Federal Acquisition Regulation, Public Law, Company and Supply Chain Policies and Procedures.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Manages Supplier’s technical, delivery and financial performance against Plan.
- Serves as single point-of-contact to the subcontractor while fostering collaboration between the subcontractor and the Harris team, including Program Management, Engineering, Project Engineering and Quality.
- Oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of subcontractor contracts/scope of work within the program guidelines set by Supply Chain, Program Management and/or Manufacturing Operations.
- Reviews status of subcontractor’s performance, including delivery and financial performance. Monitors subcontractor’s performance against Forecasted Plan.
- Assesses risk, develops risk mitigation plans, formulates resolution plans. Develops mechanisms for monitoring the subcontractor’s progress and for intervention and problem solving with Supply Chain line managers, program managers, engineering and engineering project managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Subcontract experience including: managing suppliers, assessing supplier performance and reviewing material delivery.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR).
- Government Procurement Experience in Defense/Aerospace Industry.
- Experience with MRP Tools.
- Experience with Long Term Agreements and/or Blanket Purchase Agreements.
- Experience in Negotiations, Terms & Conditions.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.