Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineer (Supportability Logistics Analyst) - N. Amityville
North Amityville, New YorkJob ID SAS20211203-57990
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineer (Supportability Logistics Analyst)
Job Code: SAS20211203-57990
Job Location: North Amityville, NY
The Systems Engineer supports clients in the management or direction of logistics support for one or more programs, including appropriate supporting organizations. The Systems Engineer will provide direct support to the customer in the planning, coordinating and execution of numerous acquisition program logistics efforts for legacy and future systems as well as technical refreshes/ upgrades. The Systems Engineer will provide logistics, sustainment, and Life Cycle support; training; advice; and recommendations.
- Develops and integrates mission concept development, Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), spares sensitivity, Operations and Support (O&S) cost analyses / ROI, Life Cycle Cost (LCC) Analysis and model-based system engineering.
- Provides leadership of engineering tasks such as system performance analyses, system requirements analysis and decomposition, requirements traceability, architecture definition, and system integration.
- Develops and participates in the creation of installation and maintenance training packages.
- BS degree in Logistics or related technical field required, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a background in Logistics Engineering.
- 4+ years' experience with LSA, MIL-STD-1388 or its replacement GEI-0007, Reliability, Maintainability, Availability, or equivalent.
- 1+years' experience with cost account and project engineering management required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Reliability Analysis with PTC Windchill Quality Solutions (Formerly RELEX).
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Project).
- Ability to create logistics and provisioning deliverables in accordance with GEIA-STD-0007 such as: Engineering Data for Provisioning (EDFP), Logistics Maintenance Data, Inputs to Detailed Maintenance Plans, Facilities Report, Support Equipment Requirements Documentation (SERD), Support Equipment Candidates List (SECL), and Replacement Spares Provisioning Lists (RSPL).
- Communicate with internal and external Customers with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Experience in developing maintenance procedures and performing Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA) in accordance with MIL-HDBK-472.
- Technical writing skills and S1000D experience a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.